Sphynx cats, wow - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Title Spy

Sphynx cats, wow

Haha, I was on the Snopes.com message board earlier (Snopes is a website for debunking hoaxes and stuff) and someone posted a pic of a Sphynx kitten wondering what it was. Most people thought it was a cat photoshopped with a photo of a brain. Then some bright soul posted a link to a Sphynx website. This is the link:
http://www.fundumper.com/weird/sphyn...gliest-cat.htm

I've always known about Sphynxes but I've never seen photos of kittens. That first little guy looks positively in pain! They just look so...uncomfortable (although I'm sure I'm making that up). Maybe because they kinda look like little burn victims (not that they aren't cute). I find that the adults look so sweet and I would love to have one but that picture has been bothering me...do you think it's really in as much discomfort as it looks? Lol, I'm weird about these things and before I figured out that the first pic was a Sphynx, I thought it must be some horrible genetic mutation and the kitten surely would have died (that first pic was the pic in question on the message board). I didn't know that they just normally look like that, haha.

Am I the only one who was a tad shocked when they first saw a Sphynx kitten? (Lol, I'm also bored if you can't tell)

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

it just doesn't have any hair. I don't think the cats are in pain, but I'm sure that they are more suseptable to the cold and that they can get injured easily. I've never seen a picture of a kitten, but when I was at lackland AFB I saw one that was a stray. That's crazy becasue they're expensive cats ranging somewhere in the thousands. And I saw one that was ferile. I'm glad you posted that, I've never seen a pic of a kitten before. I'm not sure if I could own a cat like that, they look like little aliens...LOL

*Missy*
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Title Spy

Lol, I'd love to own one I was just taken aback by how strange that kitten looked. I guess it's because it looks like it's straining or something...haha, just the folds of the skin, I guess.

I would imagine it would take some getting used to...petting something that's bald and wrinkly.

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

It looked like a bull dog or something..lol

*Missy*
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Glowing New Mommy

That is possibly the ugliest cat i have ever seen
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Bless them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Newborn Pup

Ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, thats all I can say cute but hard to get used to!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~Michelle~

Beetle

In Loving Memory Of Baby Beetle, who left us Nov.14,2004
I miss you BABY!!! COME HOME!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Adolescent Pup

I believe they are Rex kitties...like mr. bigglesworth's in the 2nd movie

Sherry

Mommy to 10
's

2 Kitties

3 doggies

1 fish

1 snake

1 iguana and 2 geckos

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I think they're cute . I don't see why everyone always freaks out about hairless animals...after all, we're hairless too .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Glowing New Mommy

it looks ...painful

R.I.P Tobbie
September 24, 2007
I'll always miss you!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

it looks like a shar pei (spelling) I'll stick with my little ball of fluff (well not anymore), millie....who thinks she is a dog :-p and Shadow