the story of Bridget - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

the story of Bridget

I had to tell you guys about this one! Miss Bridget had been at the Mounds Pet store for almost a year and FINALLY a kind family decided to adopt her.
NBow Miss Bridget is a bit a grump and she has only been in her cage and the cat room for a good long time.
The family that adopted her wanted to adopt her because she looks like the Husband's old cat that passed away. So they came and took her home.
Apparently they never had met her in person before hand and didn't know she got snotty at times, because 2 days after they brought her home to a huge new house with 3 kids and a dog and other cat they were stunned to be bitten my Miss Thing!
She bit their 8 year old son and the husband and promptly called the police for an animal bite. Rather then just return her to the Humane Society they now had to take her to the vet and she was to stay in quarenteen at their home for the next 10 days. This is the law here, weird but that is how it works.
Well teh ten days are over and they have decided to keep her and she has become adjusted to her new home and is a completely different cat then she was at day 2.
The moral of the story for me is this...1.Meet the cat you want to adopt before you take her home.
2. Let the animals adjust to their new surroundings.
3.If you get bitten and you are not torn apart (he had a scratch as did the little boy) do not call the police ar you will be responsible for quarenteening the animal for a ten day period where daily trips to the vet are mandatory and costly.

Last edited by lvnmycritters; 03-19-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 03:14 PM

I'm glad they decided to keep her! Sounds awfully silly to me to call the police over a cat bite though!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 04:30 PM

Very good advice LMC. Very glad that it did work out in the end. I think when you bring in a new pet to your home you have to separate them at first and give them time to adjust to their new surroundings. As much as we all want to rush in and integrate them to our family, it's very hard on them.

And anyhoo, why call the police first? Sheesh, least they could have done was call the place where they adopted it from to get advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Yeah that was our thought too, but I did predict that after the 10 days that all would be forgiven and she'd be fine. I am so glad for her that I was right.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I thought it was silly that they called the police too...At least they kept her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
humane society, pet store