Stray kitten... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Stray kitten...

There's a stray cat (not very old at all) hanging around my apartment building, and he/she is soo cute! I just wish I could take it in, I am really debating taking it in to work to be neutered and vaccinated, this cat is just so sweet. I am not supposed to have anymore animals in the apartment, but I was thinking my mom could possibly take him in, I say him, I don't know it's a him though, lol. Anyway, I took some pictures of him today! He's just so sweet! Well, here they are! (Oh and I'm Nicknaming him Ash, after my apartment building, Ashewood) The first two are my favorites! Any advice is appreciated.

Meowing!

Look how adorable he is!!!

Checking out my fingers

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 04:44 PM

What a cutie!!!! You can definitely tell from the photo's that he isn't feral, although we know looks can be deceiving, haha.... I would definitely take him to get neutered for sure, providing he will let you pick him up to get him in a carrier, and if you want to get him vaccinated that would be great too. If you are wanting to keep him then I wish you luck, however know that once he has been living outside your apt. he may not be too keen on being an indoor kitty. The only other option I can tell ya is to see if your mom would take him or possibly find a shelter nearby that would, or you can take him temporarily to evaluate his temperment, and to see how he is around other pets and then possibly place an ad in the local paper for him. I wish you luck and kuddos for what your trying to do
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 05:36 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

What a cutie! I love those big eyes!
I've always felt - and always heard - that stray rescue kitties make the best pets. Elizabeth is my 3rd such kitty, and they've all been great. My mom has one that's 9 years old now, they brought him in when he was almost a year old, and he's the only one of their 3 that doesn't like to go outside. He's kinda weird about strangers, but really a sweet guy.
If it were me, I'd do it. It sounds like you've already fallen for him, and I'd hate to someday read a post from you telling us something bad had happened to him.
Let us know what you decide to do...

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thank you so much Kim! If she did go to my moms, she lives in the country, she would let her be outdoors only, which scares me but like you say, she (I think I found out it's a female, I looked closer this time lol) may not like being inside. I am hoping to find out at work if they will help me out, I may even just call the feral cat rescue and see if they will get her spayed and vaccinated or help me find her a home especially since she's very friendly. I went out to see her again and this time she let me pick her up, I didn't hold her, just picked her up to put her back on top of the mailboxes, I was afraid she'd get run over.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonM
What a cutie! I love those big eyes!
I've always felt - and always heard - that stray rescue kitties make the best pets. Elizabeth is my 3rd such kitty, and they've all been great. My mom has one that's 9 years old now, they brought him in when he was almost a year old, and he's the only one of their 3 that doesn't like to go outside. He's kinda weird about strangers, but really a sweet guy.
If it were me, I'd do it. It sounds like you've already fallen for him, and I'd hate to someday read a post from you telling us something bad had happened to him.
Let us know what you decide to do...
I have lol, I've gone out to see her like four times today. lol Just to stand there and pet her, I've been washing my hands really good too, just in case. I sure wish I could bring her in, I'm just kinda afraid too, afraid the dogs will chase her all over and freak her out. Thank you for the kind words, I think she'd be a really good cat for me or my mom or someone who would love her and take care of her. I would hate to have something happen to her.

I'll keep you posted.

Oh and here are a few more pictures I took of her.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

Last edited by dappledoxie; 07-03-2004 at 05:50 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwww! Brandy, she is adorable!!!!!!! Great pictures! I really hope you can help this kitty! Where did you first see her?
With my brothers cat, Gabby, she just started coming to our door. We had alot of stray cats in our old nieghborhood and one day she starting coming to the front door. (We had a food bowl out there) She was different, not shy and she was so friendly and meowing and was such a cuddler! We knew we wanted to take her in, but we couldn't until we could get her to the vet. We couldn't bring her in the house with all our animals without a vet check. So, that next week, my mom, my brother and his girlfriend came up to Orlando. My brother wanted to keep her! My mom said he could. So, we got her checked out and all her blood tests ran and everything was fine. So, we brought her to my parents house and she is John's cat! She is SUCH a sweetie!
Keep us posted!!! I'm so glad she found you, girl!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thanks Jackie, you are so sweet! I first saw this kitty about a week ago, while walking the dogs, she stood her ground while they whinned and tried to get closer, I called her kitty kitty, she meowed and acted like she wanted me to pet her, but since the dogs were between me and her she didn't come to me. Then I went back out to play with her and she had already gone, well a couple days later I saw her again so I put the dogs up and came back out. She was still there so I started to pet her, and she was so sweet! So I came back to take pics and she was gone again. lol Finally I got pictures of her and got to pet her for awhile. I got her some food tonight and she wasn't to be found, but I put it where she was last, I hope she comes back.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 11:56 PM

She is so cute! I hope you can find a home for her!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 12:07 AM

What a doll! I think "Ash" suits the wee kitty. It just seems so very appropriate.

Let us know what you end up doing!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 03:27 AM

Brandy I love the 2nd picture in the 2nd set that you posted (wow that is a tongue twister) lol.... Are you sure it's female and not a neutered male? had to ask, hahaha... I really hope she/he is able to find a great home, from all the photo's you've posted the kitty looks to be very friendly and most likely did belong to someone at some point in time...... Best of Luck again!!! Keep us posted
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

It could be a neuterd male, actually. I will be sure to let you guys know.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 01:22 PM

Either way, Kitty-kitty is purdy!! I'm sure you will have no problems finding a home for him/her! My Kali LOVES cats, but Orion was only around one when he was really tiny (before being weaned) So I don't know how he would do (probably be scared of the kitty! ) otherwise I would come up and get him/her.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

what a cutie!! he/she is so lucky to have you! he/she looks so friendly, especially in that very last pic. so cute! keep us posted.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Miss New Booty

Any updates, Brandy? How is the kitty doing?

~* Jackie *~

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Well, I haven't been able to get her in to the clinic yet. I saw her/him out yesterday so I know it's ok. Let's cross our fingers that I can get her in,

*Brandy*

|
|
|

Tags
food bowl, neutered male, stray cats