Photos! Stray Mother gave birth, looking for adoptees - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exclamation Stray Mother gave birth, looking for adoptees

We've been feeding the stray mother since she arrived at our doorstep and when she hit her first heat we already knew what was coming. We allowed her to take refuge in our garage and the big moment happened last night.

Now I'm looking for anyone who will take one or two babies home with them when they are old enough, the mother is available too. Being pointed to places that could help would be nice too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

hello that poor sweet mommy make sure she has a lot of extra protien food as she will need the energy to feed her young ones, have you contacted your local rescue ? babies should stay with mom for awhile till there adleast almost 8 weeks even thou a lot of people get rid of them at 6 weeks . is your garage heated ? if its cold where you are i suggest maybe giving her extra things to keep warm. .also if your looking for people off this site to take a baby or mommy best idea is to say where abouts your from good luck

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I made her a new box full of cloth to keep her and the babies warm. While its not heated it is still warmer than the outside chill. When we treat the mother for fleas and flea comb the babies we should be able to bring them inside. Gonna start supplementing her diet with some eggs to give some protein, any other tips would be appreciated. I live in Palm Coast, Florida for any that are interested in getting on a waiting list for them, and don't worry Nibbler we won't be letting them go until they are ready unless a foster wants to take them, mother and all when they hit the 5 week mark.

**Update**
Diamond in the new box.

A better view of the lovely kits. Turns out my stepfather will keep the white and maybe the darkest tabby in the litter.

Last edited by Shadiela; 01-28-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Betta Bomb

Aw, such angels. I love the name Diamond for mama-cat <3 I would post flyers in your vets offices and perhaps talk to a shelter about promoting them as adoptables and list yourself as foster so people can come visit them and meet them (which doubles as a socializer) good luck!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

That's a good idea purple-hops, right now we're asking friends if they know anybody who wants a kitten. Got a good 2 months though before anything can happen so I have time. If it comes to it we may keep the whole batch.....making my pet cats number shoot up to 12 XD
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Betta Bomb

I have people ask me every now and then if I want a kitten. Spread the word via mouth is a good method, and generally keeps them close to home. Once they start playing and walking around they'll be something else!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

So adorable and sweet little angels, hope a loving home for each of them soon..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Newborn Pup

You have done a wonderful thing temporarily fostering this mother and her offspring. "Nibbler" above gave you great advice and I would follow all of it. I would just add that if you need to take them to a shelter or humane society I would research all the ones in your area first and try to get them into one that is not too overcrowded, giving them the best chance possible for adoption. Also, like "Nibbler" says dont separate them from their mother to soon if possible. Best of luck to you and the mom and her kittens! Cy

Cy Hundley

Tags
newborn kittens adoption