Strays - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Strays

I live in Fresno Ca and let me tell you, Fresno people are horrid. I live in the country and everyday there are new "strays" here. Its kitten time again (no real winter gave us lots of kitten seasons) and I am so mad that people just dump these babies off like garbage. We trap, fix and release as many as we can, alot of neighbors help, but these were peoples pets, loved at one time, ignorant people then either get tired of them, never got them fixed and had babies, or they just don't care, I will never understand this.

The local Aspca is so over run with cats they are unfortunatly putting many down (Fresno has a higher kill rate than all the big cities around us like LA, Frisco, Sacramento and so on) all the non profits are full...the H.O.P.E foundation fixes cats for so so so cheap, I just don't get why people don't get it done

Sorry had to get it out, I needed to just go AHHHHHHH somewhere....we put out a large amount of food everday, feeding the regulars who have adopted us as well as any that are hungry...I so hate Fresno

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

I agree,it is so sad
You are so sweet to care about the strays <33
"Thank you!!! =^.^= "
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 04:25 PM
RAT ADDICT

There is a problem with unwanted cats/kittens here as well...however it seems some areas are more problem areas then others in the city.

For example,my neighbourhood...I think there are TWO strays.Thats all I have seen since living here (almost 1 yr) and I only seen those two cats a few times.My mom's neighbourhood on the otherhand has TONS of cats and I often see new cats that I never seen in her area before.There are many strays and roaming cats over there!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

its so sad when people don't take responsibility for their pets...spaying and neuturing isn't that much these days...its just sad...I mean you can't walk around here with out seeing tons of cats everywhere...it breaks my heart knowing many won't make it...people just suck

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Strays make me really sad. It seems like a lot of people are irresponsible with cats especially. They seem to think cats can make it on their own It's awful to put them out there to fend for themselves. It really isn't fair to people who live in "drop zones". There should be harsher punishment for dumpers. A lot of places there is no enforcement, caring, or really easy punishment like a small ticket.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

I wish they would get in trouble...I mean they are brazen about it, drive right out front of the house and drop them off, they just don't care...we (us neighbors) are trying to start a trap and release fund at our vet (right at the end of the block) so that when you find one with no tattoo it can be taken in with no problems...I just hate it I could never imagine just setting my beloved pet out like that

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 05:50 PM
RAT ADDICT

I know several yrs ago a woman who lives in my mom's neighbourhood was trapping cats and bringing them to the Human Society.She got into a lot of trouble for that,cause people complained saying she trapped their cats and they didn't wanna pay fees at the HS to get their cats back.

I think she was doing the right thing personally.
I mean there are all these cats around,not fixed and roaming everywhere.By trapping them and bringing them to the HS,if people claim some of the cats,it should open their eyes.And the strays can maybe find homes.But because people complained,she got into trouble for it.And there are tons of cats in that area!

In my opinion,the WRONG person got in trouble.
It should be the people who dump their cats or let their unfixed cats go make more.
It is really a big problem!

* Lisa *

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

we trap them and then take them to the vet and get them fixed then they fet released back to where they were trapped. Or SPCA would just put them all down, so we rehome the kittens because they aren't totally feral yet as well as the clingy home kitties who were dumped, but the ferals we just continue to feed and hope for the best, we installed a dioggy door to the garage for them to have a safe place...good thing is alot of neighbors are also involved...

We have a cranky old man down the block who traps and then takes them to the spca, hes doing what he needs to do, if its been a fixed cat its microchipped through the feline foundation so they go get them and take care of them...its so hard here, theres just no real help anywhere

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 06:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

It is sad really.But at least you are doing what you can!

* Lisa *