Suddenly hissy hissy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
ani

Suddenly hissy hissy

Over the past month my (who became my parents) cat (11 yr old) has started hissing at my dad. He's known my dad since he was a kitten. He only hisses at him usually in the afternoons and evenings and is very affectionate during the morning (esp at 3am i'm told ). We've tried to see if it's his cologne and even switching his deodorant, we just can't figure it out. He only hisses at my dad, and anyone else can walk right up to him after he hisses and he's just fine. No problems i can see. He's going to the bathroom fine. He also occasionaly hisses at him while he (the cat) is eating. Do you think this could a dominance thing? But after 11 years? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 01:14 AM
I am allergic to maths

Does your dad try to move him? Try to pet him while he's eating? Things like this can annoy cats but, cats can change and since your cat is 11 you will start to notice changes. My cat is 13 and hes still my little kitten, hes still so active and playful but he eats more and can be more grouchy at times, this is because he is starting to get old, my vet said she wouldnt be suprised if he lived to 20+ because of his lifestyle and health but he will start to change. There is nothing wrong with your cat, try getting your dad to give him treats and spend more alone time with him, your cat needs to see that he can still trust him. I would just like to add, your cat isnt VERY old and has many years to come but I had to base my answer on my cat who is slightly older than yours