suggestions for cat pee - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

suggestions for cat pee

i have a male siamese named hampton and hampton can get really picky about his litter box and if it isn't clean enough he will find somewhere else to go, usually a basket of laundry. i had a basket sitting on the couch and he was up to his usual tricks but missed the clothes and hit my couch. i have tried natures miracle and another one called simple solutions but the smell keeps coming back. does anyone have any remedies or a product that works really well for them? i would really appreciate any suggestions since i love my couch and want to keep it. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Naked Dog Mom

I know dogs and cats are different, but can I try and help anyways?

We always use Febreze or Renuzit liquid sprays when someone has an accident or throws up. I've never tried Nature's Miracle or any of those products, so I don't know how Febreze or Renuzit compare, but they seem to help get rid of the smell when our dogs have accidents.

I hope you find something that works. Our rescue/foster cat, Sebastian, has a bad habit of not trying to cover up anything that he does in the litter box, so I can understand wanting to get rid of the smell.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Fluffy Chimphead

before u use a fabric refresher use oxy clean powder and warm water blot the spot making sure u blot at least an inch out side the stain since when it soaks in it will spread then us a dry towel to abosurb the excess water if it is on furnature if it is on ur carpeting use the oxy clean powder warm water and a stiff brush and scrup the carpet and then blot dry with a dry towel. I was told to do this by a professional carpet cleaner that was shampooing a friends home since their dog made a major mess of their home. Iknow once ina while my cats will have lil accidents so i wanted to know what i could do to clean it up and that is what i was told. the oxyclean not only gets the stain out but will help to nuetrilize the smell since just because u can't smell it anymore doesn't mean that ur pet can since their noses are alot stronger then ours. you want to make sure u get as much of the smell out as u possible can. It may take a few treatments but eventually it will work.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I always used Nature's Miracle (or other products just like it). You need to be sure you are saturating the area so that it does even more deeply than the urine did.
My dad has used oxyclean and that worked pretty well. I think again with that you need to be sure you are pouring enough on it to really hit all the spots the urine did. Your couch may be wet for a few days.

Good Luck!
and maybe get a second litter box. I have also done that.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathydip
I always used Nature's Miracle (or other products just like it). You need to be sure you are saturating the area so that it does even more deeply than the urine did.
My dad has used oxyclean and that worked pretty well. I think again with that you need to be sure you are pouring enough on it to really hit all the spots the urine did. Your couch may be wet for a few days.

Good Luck!
and maybe get a second litter box. I have also done that.
yeah i've already got a second litter box. that has helped quite a bit and he's had very few incidents since then.

Tags
litter box