Swollen toe - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Swollen toe

My cat has put on quite a bit of weight since we got him. We're currently trying to get that number down by using weight control food and exercizing more. We got a puppy last week and have had a baby gate up in the house to keep her out of trouble. The cat has had to jump over this gate quite a bit. I'm thinking this may be the cause of his newly swollen toe, which looks broken almost... jumping around with all his newly extra weight. He gingerly walks on it, but it doesnt seem uncomfortable when I touch it. It also doesn't feel full of fluid or anything. It's really odd. Right now it's not affecting him so much that I'm worrying about it, and we really don't have the money right now to take him to get it looked at, so I'm just wondering what's something I can do for him at home? I know if he had a broken toe the only thing the vet could do is xray it to confirm and then say "yep, here's something so it doesn't get infected." I don't want to pay $100 to hear that ya know. I've read cold compresses with some antiseptic mouthwash on them will work. He won't sit still long enough for a soak or anything. And it's impossible to limit his activity. Any advice? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Adolescent Pup

Sorry I don't have much advice.
Just keep a close eye on him and if his walking doesn't improve in a day or so call the vet and see what they think.

Hope your kitty is better real soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diane~ owned by~ 7 cats, Chuckie, Spyder, Winnie, Stormy, Crystal and Francine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3 ferrets, Shoops, Rocky and Jazzy
and a hermit crab, Zoidburg
RIP Roo 1989-2005

Tags
sit still