Tabby lifespan - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Tabby lifespan

This is our cat Tigger, she and my fiance met when he was 7. The story goes something like this " then this little orange cat shows up at the house and walks up to Zack and loves him instantly ". His parents took out newspaper ads and called the SPCA looking for this cats owner and when noone claimed her, Zack was overjoyed, the cat was now his!! They have been inseperable ever since. She became my cat as well when we got together a few years back. Zack is 22 and hes had Tigger since he was 7 so we figure shes about 16 years old since she was spayed but obviously still very young when she showed up at their door. What were wondering is how long is the average very well cared for tabbys life? She had a bladder infection last year but it was quickly cleared up by antibiotics. We take her to the vet twice a year for check ups but it is still 4 months til the next check up and i cant wait that long to ask to the vet our question about the average tabby lifespan. I cant imagine life without this cat now, she is so special. She meows all day long and not just for no reason, she almost carries on conversations with those who know her. She rubs her nose against ours and snuggles around my Zack's head each night, we need this cat to be around for awhile longer. If anyone has even a rough idea please let me know. Thanks for reading my rambling

Lois Isabel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 06:02 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

I don't know the answer, but I'm sure someone will...

I am posting because I wanted to say Tigger is very pretty! And that my tabby cat, Samantha, is some 18 or 19 years old... And acts like a kitten most of the time these days!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

A healthy cat usually makes it their late teens, early twenties. Though it's not unheard of to make it to 30 (just not common). She looks fab in that pic, so I'd guess she has many years left

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

My mother had a cat that lived to be about 20. Very long time for a cat and I hope my kitties live that long! I couldn't imagine my life without them, even if they do nibble me and drive me batty sometimes!

Tigger is a gorgeous cat! I love her markings!

Karen

[

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

We're seeing more and more cats live to very old age. Judging by the cats we see at the animal hospital I work at, I would say that average is 12 to 17. That does not mean that anyone should feel guilty if their kitty doesn't live this long. Sometimes even with wonderful care illnesses happen and/or genetics interfere. Some kitties live less, some live more. Just enjoy each and every healthy day you have with your kitty

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.

Tags
animal hospital