Talk about scaring the crap outta me! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Talk about scaring the crap outta me!

So tonight Alex went to bed early and cause it has been super hot here lately I decided to stay up and clean the bathroom and laundry while it was just hot and not stinking hot (I started cleaning a bit before 10pm). I had Milko locked out the back part of the house with Cindy cause I wasn't going to be watching him (he has had a couple of behavioural issues lately so unless we can keep an eye on him he is out the back part of the house so he doesn't pee on our lounge). Anyway I was watching a tv show and cleaning when the commercials were on, so it was taking me a little while to clean the bathroom. I came out to the back part of the house (animal room/computer room, kitchen, spare room and laundry) to clean the laundry and realised that either Cindy or Milko (I'm guessing Cindy) had managed to get the back screen door open (it's a sliding one and has no lock) and both of them were gone!!! I wasn't worried about Cindy...she's street smart and has taken herself for walks before, she doesn't even cross the road...(I don't allow her to do this but at least I knew she wasn't going to get hit by a car and would be back, she even gives us a single bark to let us know she's arrived and is ready to come inside) but I freaked out about Milko cause he is indoor only and has absolutely no street sense what so ever and there are lots of cats in this neighbourhood and you hear fights way too often (especially considering it's breeding season right now). I ran into the bedroom to put some pj's on (I only had on a bra and undies) and woke Alex up by yelling at him 'get up Milko's gone.' I ran down the back steps and started looking for him in the yard (at 10.30pm with no torch...just the back light). I was really stressing about him being out all night so I wanted to do my best to find him, but I didn't even know how long he'd been gone for...it could've been up to 45 minutes. I heard a noise under the house and Milko was running from me...looking petrified. I called out to him, so he knew it was me and ran back inside to get some salmon (Alex was standing on the landing of the back steps..I don't think he had had any time to register what he should be doing since he was fast asleep when I woke him). I got the salmon and opened the tin but couldn't see Milko. I started throwing small pieces of salmon under the house, hoping the smell would coax him out. I sat there for a minute and couldn't see any movement. I went around to the side of the house so that Milko could have a chance to get the salmon on his own and he came out and ran towards the stairs. I grabbed him as he went past and the poor thing looked so terrified. It wouldn't surprise me if he was running to come back inside. He didn't even touch the salmon (his favourite).
So now he is safely locked in the laundry (his bedroom) with a whole tin of red salmon (and the most expensive brand too) and I'm going to go to bed and get some sleep. After tonight I could end up in labour!
And just an FYI...Cindy is in her crate snoring her head off, exhausted after her night time adventures.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Curmudgeon

....I love reading your posts Carmen.

Gets me out of my "boring" life.

Almost makes me feel like I'm pregnant and living in Oz!!

(glad everything worked out!)

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

LOL Sorry they scared you like that, glad they are back home safe

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Carmen, you could have very well went into labour after that incident! Thankfully, he got scared and didn't go too far. Sorry but I have to laugh at Cindy. What a sweetie.

Is Milko being naught again with his peeing?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

bob...glad I could be of some help!!!

Denise Cindy a sweetie...yep that's a better word than what I had for her last night while I was worried about Milko! I rang my p's this morning and dad is going to come over and have a look at the door today to see if he can put a lock on it. Thankfully Biscuit was tied up out the front or she would have been gone too and I just know that now Cindy has done it once she'll make it her daily mission to get out and about! I can just keep the glass door shut but we get a really nice breeze through there so I'd prefer to not have to keep the door closed all the time.

Denise yep Milko has been peeing again...ever since he had his UTI he hasn't stopped the behaviour (health wise he is fine) and once every couple of weeks our lounge gets peed on..we have had to ban him from our bedroom too. Thankfully it's not every day but it seems like every time we start to trust him he pees again and we go back to restricting him. He was biting again too but that seems to have stopped so hopefully the peeing is on the way out too! (There is a female cat that is outside that lives next door and she isn't speyed..with breeding season I know it can make even neutered cats play up so I'm hoping it's that rather than him stressing out about the baby coming...time will tell)

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

Yikes, Carm! That would freak me out! I'm glad that everyone is ok.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 01:22 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

You WISH it would put you in labor! (Or at least I would've! LOL)

Those little monsters! hee hee At least they're both fine and home now.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Naughty Milko! I hope his biting and peeing in inappropriate places ceases. You certainly don't need those added stresses when Bubs arrives.

Tags
breeding season, male cat