Think Im Getting A Kitty Soon :D - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Thumbs up Think Im Getting A Kitty Soon :D

Well my boyfriend has got a new house and we got a pair of rats and they are amazing . So i foned my Auntie as she works at a Cat Home and i asked her was there any little kittens that need a good home as i have some experience with cats and so does my boyfriend . So she said she will do her best to find out so she rings round her cat homes and local shelters and none have any kittens so we thanked her and then she rang me back saying she has a friend who's cat got pregnant by mistake and she has kittens in need of a home they are still young and will be ready in about 3 weeks so it looks like we will be getting a kitty soon me and my boyfriend can't wait anyone got any advice or pointers ?
thanks x

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 11:52 AM

Congrats!!! Cats are one of the greatest animals I have ever had! I have 2 kitties but in my life we have had tons (as kids)! Ares is 1 1/2 and Athena is 1 next month! They entertain each other!! Ares is a BIG boy (17.5 lbs)

I would love to give you an advice that you need! If I can answer it I will help!! I just say give your kitty lots of attention! I would recommend a Male cat if you have a choice! Girls are a little more moody!!

Congrats again! I can't wait to see pictures!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

thank you !!
i was told that there are a few kittens and we have first choice on them
so is there any i should keep an eye out for as in personality ?
well i hope im doing a good thing by giving this lady a hand because she
is in need of some homes so i feel good by helpin her
(Ps. my boyfriend is more excited then i am LOL)

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Will It Ever Change?

yay kitties!! i've had cats my whole life and i love them, i'm just allergic now LOL. it's true girls can be more moody, they pick who they do and don't like. boys seem to be less caring of who's around, they'll just come out and strut their stuff no matter what. i love it! as for info you might need? wait on catnip until it's older. i may be wrong, but i've seen kittens literally faint because the catnip is too strong for their little bodies. remember to get a litterbox, food and water bowls. treats are a must, great bribery. and lots of toys! no yarn stuff tho, although a big stereotype of cats loving yarn, it's so dangerous if they ingest any of it. i find the plastic center of kinder surprise eggs, with one or two grains of rice in it, does the trick. my cats love thos things because they're so light they just fly away when the cat touches it

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 PM

I don't know if you can really pick one by looking at them! I would suggest a boy but I have a boy and a girl! I think they have a personality but I think depending on how they are raised really makes their personality! I would suggest going there more then once (if you can) if not at least once and playing with each cat and seeing which ones is most fitting! I have always been able to pick mine cats from the liters! I think you will be able to find one that loves you and you love back!

The older boy cat that I have is 1 1/2 and he was a little crazy until I got his little sister (they have at least the same Mama) now they are the best of friends and really stay together now!

I have attached some photos of my babies together!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 laying around.jpg (32.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg brother & sister.jpg (34.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg cuddling.JPG (44.2 KB, 5 views)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 04:52 PM
can't think of one, help

mine are all girls, and always have had little girls. Its just happened that way, they sort of connect with me and thats how I know its a good fit
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Lovin My Furry Family <3

I am looking to adopt a kitten/cat as well and I was advised to get a girl because boys tend to spray. But then I've also heard that boys who are neutered won't spray...

I would personally just sit with them and whichever one you feel a great connection to -- that's the one I'd adopt. : )

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jaclyn

I'm a mommy to:

Piper

Max
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 PM

Blondi it is true that males will spray! I have a boy and I got him fixed as soon as he was old enough and the never sprayed! I think if I remember right its about 5 months. But I have heard that if you spray once and then you get them fixed sometimes they will still spray after! So just get your boy fixed. I would always get my cats fixed b/c it makes them less likely to get cancer and they tend to live longer!!

Good luck to you both on your new additions! I hope you find a purrrfect kitty just for you!!

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with! Make sure you post pictures when you get your new babies!

Tags
local shelter, male cat, water bowl