think we have a weirdo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Cool think we have a weirdo

OK, beau likes his tummy rubbed, like a dog. he likes to sleep in cold places, like our tile floors, curled around a toilet, or on a window sill close to the glass (it's 23 degrees). He seldom cleans himself, he let's his brother do it.

he's a big cuddle-bug.

I thought cats liked warm places and cleaned themselves all the time. At least all the other cats that we have and have had in the past did.

Do we have a weirdo????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Guarded by Waffles

My male cat, Jester, is like that too. He doesn't like cold places but lets his best friend, Suess, clean him. He also likes to play in sinks. All my males have been weird...I think it's genetics lol

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 01:46 PM

MEN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

Both of my cats like cold places too and Hyrum prefers to lay on hard surfaces. They both clean themselves though, lol.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

I just think it's odd because there is Beau, and his oddness, and Mickey, who lives in front of the fireplace, and Richard that is sorta like one of those fainting goats. You never know when he just starts walking across a room and just plops over to go to sleep! Maybe we just have a bunch of weirdos!!LOL!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Silly kitties!
My cat Tyler never scratches after he uses the box - Bean has to go in and clean up after him.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 10:53 AM

LOL Buster will not sleep up high unless he is on the cat tree. He mostly sleeps on the floor with Shadow or on a pile of our dirty clothes. Also when he is very happy he drools big drops of drool on you. It looks like you just came in from the rain. It's gross! He will use the litter box no matter what, but he LOVES to be the first one in a clean one.
Then there's Milo.....the evil one.....I hate this cat with a passion, but Billy loves him. He will pee in front of the litter box if it isn't clean enough to his high standards so I have to scoop several times a day....even if there is a litter box in the house that hasn't been used, if the one he wants to use is dirty, he will pee in front of it. He also doesn't like anything on my bathroom floor. Rugs, towel, you name it. If on the floor...he pees on it. And heaven help me if you can see the tiniest part of the bottom of the bowl in the middle of the night because he will not use his paw to pull it down. He wakes me up to come do it. He did that because the water bowl was only half full the other night also. And he will also wake me up in the middle of the night if he thinks he deserves treats.
Now the clincher....he is a people cat. You can't sit without him on or near you. He sleeps on my legs all night. etc. But since I moved my computer desk and got a new computer (reason I haven't been on in awhile) He gets mad at me for using my keyboard and mouse because he likes to be on the desk looking out the window. He attacked me Sunday because I kept moving the mouse under him and he got mad at me.

Millie is the typical cat - hides all day until about 6pm when it is dinner time. then becomes really cuddly when i'm in bed. and that is the only time she will cuddle with me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Kramer got his name for a reason, he acts just like Kramer from Sienfield all crazy all the time. He does that fainting ghost thing as well he will be walking across the room then poof on his side laying down, and hes not the quiest at doing so either its a thud when he does it. He also likes to pull himself along the floor on his side with his claws. Then of course theres the whole not letting me go to the bathroom by myself shadow part of him ;giggle:

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

Tags
litter box, male cat, water bowl