Thinking of switching Emmas diet - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Thinking of switching Emmas diet

My kitten Emma has been on Blue Buffalo Kitten food since I got her she is now 6 months old and I am thinking about her adult diet which will be changed when she is 1 year. I have been looking at Innova does anyone have experience with this food? It seems very natural. Here is the link.

Also will she eat less as she grows? She cleans her bowl twice daily O.o

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...888&lmdn=Brand

PS Emma will NOT eat canned food I have tried many of the best brands with her ... No such luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Ideally you should probably be looking for grain-free. Innova's not bad that I've heard, but it's not grain-free either. As far as not eating canned food, yeah.. that can be a tough habit to break. Cats become "Dry food junkies" and some won't accept anything but dry, no matter whether it's healthier for them or not.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

No we have been offering wet food since I got her she does not like it. And we got her at 5 weeks as far as grain free this is my best option
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...&lmdn=SHOP+FOR
But its not as natural as Innova.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I heard good recommendations with Innova but we don't have actual experience with it.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

How about Innova EVO instead of regular?

Of course, raw or canned is always best but if I was feeding dry I'd consider EVO . I'd add water to the food, though.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Innova EVO is not something I can get ahold of I would love to but other than ordering off Amazon I cant get it.

I pay 20 for 7 lbs so I guess I can pay 28 for 8 lbs.

I do LOVE natural foods and that one is grain free too ... Yeah def worth the costs for my baby to have the very best
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Has anyone tried this food? Its grain free and a little better than her Blue Buffalo so if the local store carries it I am switching her to it if i cant afford the evo ...

http://www.petco.com/product/113142/...-Cat-Food.aspx
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I give our cats Earthborn Holistic now. They have two grain-free varieties and it's apprx. $27.00 for 14 lbs. $20-$28 for less than 10 lbs is absolutely ridiculous :/
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Yeah Emmas is $20 for 7 lbs and its not an amazing food. I am thinking Merrick before grain its $25 for 11 lbs.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

We used to pay $20 for 6 lbs for 3 cats and it was ridiculous. It's absolutely astonishing how much price these companies put on their foods. I've never fed Before Grain, so I don't know how good it is. But you can look for reviews and see how people like it.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

I was talking to a girl who runs a ferret rescue so she knows a LOT about cat food and she said its a good food she said since I someday plan to get a dog thats what she feeds her dog.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

It looks OK...comparable to Innova. Not something I'd feed (look at all those potatoes...) but better than most.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

I know its a lot of potatoes but my options are so limited I want her to have a great food I am willing to do blue buffalo wilderness ... I want to do evo but I just cant pay 30 bucks a bag right now. If i could find it free shipping or locally i would be all over it.

I was also looking at taste of the wild
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

So ... the new Petco down the street has EVO so since I dont have to ship it and its only $5 more than her current food I am gonna get that
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Cool, I'm glad you found a new option . If you ever do need to order online let me know and I'll send you a link to a site that tends to have free shipping.

~Stephanie