Throwing up - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Throwing up

I came home from work on Thursday and found LOTS of throw up in the basement and it smelled really really bad! Literally like poop. I wasn't sure which cat did it so I just cleaned it up and watched over both of them. At first I thought it was China cuz I accidentally left the cat food out while I was gone and I thought China probably ate Hyrums UTI prevention Food which makes China throw up. So I thought nothing of it, but now today Hyrum suddenly let out a very painful meow and then threw up and it stank really bad like before. I'm making a vet appointment for him, but I was just wondering if anyone may know what it could be? He doesn't seem to be in pain and everything else is normal with his behaviour. I hate it when my babies are sick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

oh no, I hope he is ok...I will keep him in my thoughts...and I hope the vets goes easy for him

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 11:35 PM

OMG! I have no idea, but I am hoping that he is o.k. Best wishes are sent kitties way and please keep us updated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 AM
Will It Ever Change?

awww, i hope hyrum feels better soon *hugs*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

If the vomit smells like feces, he needs seen quite quickly. Does he like to eat things he shouldn't? Strings, etc.?

Let us know what the vet says.

Stephanie

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Playful Pup

Gosh, I have no idea what it could be, my cats barf a lot, I just clean it up and attribute it to hairballs! The smell that you describe is worrisome. I hope that he is okay and I must say, I just love that picture of them both and I too have a cute little pic of my Katie from last year in her Christmas garb that I need to share....

I hope Hyrum is well soon, please do update us on what the vet says...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Poor baby, i hope Hyrum is feeling better today?

My Furry Family
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Poor Hyrum! Did he get to the vet?

Maureen

Six new rats
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

I called the vet and they said that I wouldn't need to bring him and and to just watch over him. I told them everything and I guess they would know best??
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Is he eating? Acting normal?

Stephanie

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Yeah, everything else about him is normal, his eating, behavior and litterbox habits and he hasn't thrown up again thankfully. If he does I'm not even calling first I'm just taking him in. Throwing up like that isn't normal to me, like the guy on the phone said. Yes cats throw up once in awhile, but they don't make a wierd meow and then it smells so horrid.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

poor cat, glad to hear he hasn't done it yet again. I know when we first got Kramer he had a cold and would sleep on me all day if i let him and he had this weird meow/hiccup/ cough thing going on.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I am glad you said that the litter box was normal. I was worried he might have a blockage. That is my biggest fear with my kids.
But as long as he is pooing it shouldn't be a blockage.
I hope he is feeling better soon. I know it's hard when they are sick. My Belle was just really sick for over a week and I am still not sure what the cause was.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Will It Ever Change?

glad to hear he's doing better now. I really hope it's nothing serious and it stays gone

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Seems to be good, still not throwing up anymore. YAY!

Tags
cat, sick, throwing up, vomiting