Tics again - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Tics again

Ok I frontlined all the animals last week and I was wondering does the stuff spread to their faces?
Coz I have been finding tics on their faces. tilly had 1 on her chin and poor poor Emil had one on his eyelid about a mm from his eye. His whole eye swelled up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Part of the Pack

It should but I heard that they changed some of the ingredients on Frontline a few months ago and it hasn't had as much success as before. I recommend Advantage. I put it on Samson and it cleared up everything he had in just a few hours. I remember he had some bumps on his head and they went away after a day.
I hate tics also...thank god I haven't seen them on any of my animals. I just cant stand them but I also hate pulling them off. They are so disgusting.

My babies...

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

well I will have to have a look in the vets shop when I take Sonny.
See if they have Advantage.
I have also noticed some of Tillys fur has come out where I put the Frontilne

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Spots ons like Frontline and Advantage etc..... are all normally absorbed into the blood stream hence thats how they work so they should spread to the face Do you have the one that also kills ticks as i believe theres one or two about, one just kills fleas and one does both?

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Just make sure you don't use frontline and advantage at the same time. You should probably wait at least a couple of weeks for the frontline to wear off some more. At least, that's what my vet told me.

You might want to consider having your yard sprayed. Ticks are a health danger to you as well as your pets.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I imagine that would cost me about 600$ in this rubbish country to have the yard sprayed.
They do not sell advantage here and the only Frontline they have is not plus or anything.
the vet told us to put it higher on the animals head so I will try that in 4 weeks.

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Adolescent Pup

If I were finding lots of ticks on my pets, I would be worried about my health as well as theirs. I don't know if it's a threat over there, but ticks here carry lyme disease.
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.e...saic/lyme.html
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

No we have asked the vet.

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 02:46 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

ok frontline does not get rid of ticks...you need the frontline plus for the tick treatment. Maybe you could order some online? You can put frontline wherever it's not going to do anything for the ticks. It must be so frustrating for you, but be thankful they aren't the ones that cause paralysis cause then you wouldn't be able to keep up with the vet bill. Every time they had a tick you'd have to take them to the vet.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
lyme disease