Tiger was put down today. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Tiger was put down today.

Hi everybody. I was in another room earlier today at my mother's house when I heard one of my mom's cats meowing very loudly from the other room. I ran out to find him sitting oddly on the floor by a chair and he was wailing. It was immediately obvious that something was wrong. I saw vomit in several different areas on the floor. Tiger was my mom's cat and not very approachable. He was completely deaf and afraid of his own shadow. My mom has 3 cats, but I felt really attached to Tiger even though he wouldn't let me touch except every once in a blue moon. Anyway, I tried to approach him and he began to drag himself across the floor wailing the whole time. His back legs just dragged along the floor. He couldn't walk. Then he laid down and had a seizure and I got on the phone calling my mom (who had my car). After the seizure he started breathing very heavily. It was obvious something was terribly wrong and I'll never ever forget the sight of him. I started crying and tried to make him comfortable waiting for my mom. I knew it was bad because he finally rested and let me touch him. He just stared at me panting. The vet said his back was broken. My mom and I are just dumbfounded and grief stricken. How could this happen. Our floors are carpeted. The highest piece of furniture he could reach is only 2 feet off the ground. How can a house cat sitting in his livingroom break his back. I just had to tell people who love animals. This is just so crazy. (sorry this is so long)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 11:33 AM

Oh i'm sooo sorry. Thats awful!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 01:32 PM

I'm terribly sorry. Was he an older cat? Sometimes older cats are fragile, really super fragile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's so terrible, I'm really sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 02:40 PM

I am so sorry to hear that You are in my thoughts.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

I'm sorry for your loss. Is it possible you have bookcases or a china hutch he could have gotten up onto if he was really determined? Cats can get up to amazing heights...

Anyway, I'm sure Tiger is resting in peace now. He knows he was well taken care for and loved, even from afar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I am so sorry for your loss

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 05:19 PM
SwC

So very sorry for your loss! It's very hard to lose any pet unexpectedly and especially when you can really find no explanation for the cause. Older cats can develope skeletal weaknesses just as people do. It's possible he jumped from an area higher than you would think he could get to and landed awkward. You may never know but keep in mind that now he is across the rainbow bridge and chasing butterflies in the fields with many of the other pets we have had to say goodbye to.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 04:44 PM

so sorry for your loss
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 04:48 PM

Im so sorry.....
But he had a nice girl caring for him.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Playful Pup

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Time is a great healer. Our thoughts are with you.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 01:48 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Miss New Booty

I'm so very sorry to hear this.

~* Jackie *~

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 01:29 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 10:59 PM

I am so sorry for loss and the pain you are going through. I know how hard it is, I had to put my 14 yr dog to sleep on my birthday. Remember Tiger during the happy days and the silly things he did.