Tigger not himself - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Tigger not himself

Every morning our cat waits at the door to be let in for breakfast, but yesterday he was not there, we were worried, after lunchtime he returned but looked weary, spent he day not eating and drinking very little, we kept him in but today no change, we are taking him to the vets tomorrow as its the only appointment with pet aid, im so worried bout him, has anyone seen similar, he is a 6yr old male normally very healthy, im hoping its not bad, kids love him to bits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Betta Bomb

Where do you live? City or rural? A lot of people in the city put out poisons for pests like rats and coons and the cat might have gotten into them. Same with rural areas. Poison..I hope it's not. I hope your cat is okay. After the vet I would seriously consider keeping him indoors. An indoor life is the only safe life for a cat. Maybe also harness train him if you think going outside is stimulating his livlihood but if you choose that route I would also get him up to date on vaccines and have him tested for FeLV and FIV.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Where do you live? City or rural? A lot of people in the city put out poisons for pests like rats and coons and the cat might have gotten into them. Same with rural areas. Poison..I hope it's not. I hope your cat is okay. After the vet I would seriously consider keeping him indoors. An indoor life is the only safe life for a cat. Maybe also harness train him if you think going outside is stimulating his livlihood but if you choose that route I would also get him up to date on vaccines and have him tested for FeLV and FIV.
To add to her post I also suggest if he isnt already have him neutured

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

We live on the edge of a countryside/town in the UK, fair few cats in the area and no news of a rise in feline deaths. On a brighter note, he is much better today, has started eating and drinking and been to the loo, i will keep posted.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Just to update, just had Tigger in the vets, they say it looks like he has been in a fight which has sent him out of sorts, he was dehydrated with a high temp, so he had some jabs to bring that down and has some antibiotics and some solution we are to give him. Thx guys for your replies.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Betta Bomb

oh no! I'm glad he is okay as of now. But seriously consider having him neutered. If the cat he was in a fight with has either feline leukemia (felk) or feline aids (FIV) and he scratched your cat or spit on him or came into bodily contact (fluids) I would have him tested for both infections. And have him de-wormed as well. worms can be easily contracted by killing, maiming, or eating wild prey who has worms.

As I said, I'm glad your cat is okay but it's time to bump up safety measures
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
But seriously consider having him neutered. And have him de-wormed as well.
Thanks. Fortunately he has been neutered and is de-wormed every 3 month. He doesnt often get bother, most the cats round here seem to get on together normally, maybe a new cat in the neighbourhood.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Betta Bomb

ok! Thanks for clarifying! Since you didn't mention it in your first post readers were lead to believe that your cat may have been a tom cat ^.^ That's very good news. I guess cat fights happen. Let's hope there's no more!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hope he gets well very soon, sounds like he is not on fighting. Is there any way for a safe place he can run whenever someone is chasing him?

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Zoo Keeper

I would still consider keeping him indoors with a fenced run even one new cat with these can quickly spread it to the other cats. It cant be spread through casual contact but all it takes is one day the cat doesnt want to be messed with. Maybe a fenced outdoor run? The kids can take him out? I have my cat harness trained and when she see's the leash she goes crazy and runs for the door She loves it you just have to make it a positive experience.

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

Tags
cat, drinking, eating, sleeping