Time to go to the vet...again - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Time to go to the vet...again

Well Jazzy still has the scab on her eyelid and it seems to be getting worse, not better. I can tell that its more swollen and I've noticed some discharge in the corner of her eye now. She won't let me clean it and acts like a wild beast when I attempt to look at it. So I'm going to take her in tomorrow. She needs to go in for booster shots anyway so at least we can knock two things out at the same time. And my insurance covers bite wounds so I will be reimbursed for the costs of treatment. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I'll post a pic of it for you guys in a sec.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Here it is. Poor baby. Its really weird and scaly, like a bunch of scabs together, and its gray. She's even losing hair around the spot. I can't wait to get her all taken care of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Steph, it is a good thing you are taking her to the vet. That is great bites are covered by the insurance. Hope all is well with your girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Steph! I hope Jazzy is ok? Sending you good vibes!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Poor Jazzy I agree, tomorrow you should take her in...let us know how it goes

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Sneding good vibes your way. I hope everything is alright with Jazzy. Let us know how it goes.

Dimaris

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm sure it'll be fine! Sending fuzzy vibes!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I hope Jazzy is okay!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh no, poor Jasmine! I'm sorry to hear it isn't getting better. I hope everything goes well at her appt. tomorrow and I'm sending good vibes her way!

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks guys. You won't believe it - she and Ollie were playing too rough again and he made another puncture wound above the old one! I don't know what I'm going to do with those two! Good thing she's going in tomorrow, but I'm worried it will happen again. He bites her head because her head is small and fits in his big mouth, and then she gets hurt.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Wow! My guys have never played so rough as to puncture each other! What does Jazzy do when she gets bitten?

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixx
Wow! My guys have never played so rough as to puncture each other! What does Jazzy do when she gets bitten?
She screams and gets upset. But then she goes back for more. She plays really rough, and the problem is that Ollie is soooooo much bigger than she is, and he gets carried away. I don't think there is anything I can do except try to prevent them from getting too rough (which is hard because I'm not home all the time), and wait it out until she gets bigger.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Alika

Awwww.... I'm sure everything will turn out okay. Darn those pesky infections.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Let's hope Jasmine grows up fast. Then she can show Ollie who'se boss!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Let's hope Jasmine grows up fast. Then she can show Ollie who'se boss!
Yep, I hope she gets big because she's a wild one! She likes to play rough. And she HATES being messed with as far as getting her nails trimmed, her ears cleaned, or anything else that needs to be done. She freaks! I've never seen anything like it. It makes things difficult. She will probably have to be sedated tomorrow at the vet. They told me to take their food away tonight just in case. And no booster shots for her yet. They can't do both at the same time.