ugh - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

ugh

so i woke up to my cat eating weird things, like plastic. and the broom thistles and not her food!!!! shes been eating her food. I am alittle worried is she going to be able to pass these things?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

They should be able to pass through her system but if you notice any sudden changes in behavior you should probably consult a vet. How old is the cat? One of mine went through a stage as an older kitten where he was fascinated by plastic bags but it passed when he grew older. You should probably keep them away from him until then.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Some cats simply like to chew. It it's a younger cat, she could be teething. Be sure to make sure she is NOT chewing on any electrical cords, though.

To help curb my cats' desire to chew, I offer them cat grass to nibble on and have once even given them a chicken leg bone from the pet store. They LOVE to play with it more than anything else, but will chew at it, too. I just have to be careful to limit the chicken bone to ONE per month because their tummies will get upset if they eat too much of it.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Thanks for the suggestions. can you get teh chicken bone at petco or a natural food store for animals... I think i have seen the cat grass at petco, doesnt grass make them sick though?

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 06:50 AM

My cats have never gotten sick from eating cat grass, so I would say no.

I buy my chicken bones at the local pet store, but I'm sure you might be able to find them at a pet store that sells natural rawhides and such.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

evilness persists!!! i didnt get home til 11:30 anf my cat must have slept all day for i am about ready to kill he for not letting me sleep... is there a way to give her cammomeal. Or have some kind of oils burning that makes her sleepy and what wouild they be???

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 08:23 AM

Such are cats.

They are nocturnal creatures, you know. Even to this day mine like to have a nightly romp around the house when I want to sleep. Not much you can do. Cats will be cats.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

i know but now i gotta function on a 10 hour day with2 hours of sleep... there was a fly in my house i think she was trying to get out and get it, now its in my room but she was making so much noise i was worried she would wake up the roommate, so i was holding her. and in the excitement she peed on my bed... ok what do i do for that???

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 09:43 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

Definitely give her a good 1/2-1 hour playtime before you go to bed. You could also try to feed her a bit of wet food before bed. It usually leaves them quite satisfied and she will let you sleep for a few hours. It sounds like she needs more quality time though. Cats can get destructive (ie. eating things they shouldn't) when their owners are not home.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

yeah, i am noticing this. I am not going to be at school as much in the summer time. I think the problem is my roommate insists that she stays in my bedroom! the cat can runa round as much. When i got her i didnt think my roommate would tell me to keep her in my room. This summer i might kitty proof the basement where she has the full terain and put a bunch of toys down tther efor her when im at school/work. then when i get home she can be with me. By aungust i am hoping to move in with a friend of mine from college. We already talked, she doesnt mind if trinity is out during the day, she doesnt mind if shes out during the night time... What i plan on doing in putting the litter box in the kitchen with her food and stuff and leaving my door open a jar so if she wants to sleep with me she can if not she doesnt have to... Maybe what i can do is work an arrangement where i can get the master bedroom if it has a door to the bathroom. then she can go in there at night and jsut stay in my room when im sleeping.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

sounds like she just needs more play time... though it is true, cats are fairly nocturnal and can be thoroughly demanding when they want attention. try tiring her out and maybe a little warm wet food. Or a tiny bit of warm milk if it won't bother her system.

Luckily I think my cat is just old or more conforming to my schedule. Although it wasn't such a rigid schedule, she had run of the whole house until I graduated hs and now she's in my room only. The other kitties harrass her and I started shutting her in here when I'm gone so she can have soe peace. She doesn't mind and when I'm home she coudl wander if she likes... but she doesn't...

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my cat eats plastic, we are very careful to not leave any laying around lol...see I thought it was from her brain damge, nowI kow shes sorta normal lol...for my cat I let the dog chase her to make her tired, she loves it lol she eggs him on, then when bed times coems they both climb up with me and are out for the night lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Part of the Pack

My cat's eat anything that they find that's small enough or looks yummy...lol. I think my cat ate tissue paper once and he threw up. When he was little he ate a rubber band and threw up all over the living room and dining room...my dad cleaned it up which was weird because he's never liked my cat. He also bites the strings stitched on my bed spread...can leave anything around cats...lol.

My babies...

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Kittens often play well into the night ... they get calmer as they grow older though ... hopefully you won't have to keep her couped up much longer ... one room is way too small for a kitten. If you had bigger space then it would probably be best to get a playmate for her that is of a similar age. Cats do wonderfully in pairs when they are young and it is especially good for them if the owner isn't around much.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Claudia, Pe carful with strings, i leanred if a cat injests a string or anything longer then and inch and it get stuck between the stumic and the intestins.

elfomatic, Yeah i plan on her a playmate when i get out of the Community College and go to a Univercity. mainly because i wont know my schedual, that will be about a year from now.

Tags
litter box, local pet store, pet store, wet food