Update on Lucky - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Talking Update on Lucky

If anyone read my previous thread about my Lucky getting diagnosed with diabetes, here's how it's going so far. Rather than hospitalizing him for 'round the clock blood sugar checks, our vet opted to just have us give him 2 units of insulin twice a day after he's eaten and that should improve how he feels quite a bit. He's just been laying around alot and drinking and peeing TONS! I just gave him his first injection and although he squirmed and whined, I successfully got it in him. The shot itself is not painful, Lucky just despises to be 'HELD AND FORCED TO DO SOMETHING". HE is the boss, and WE OUGHT TO KNOW THAT BY NOW!!! So glad he's going to be feeling better. I've been so depressed thinking we were going to be losing him soon. He's Only 13....just a KITTEN!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I am so glad to hear this! I hope he is feeling himself.

Oh he's such a young baby

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Old 08-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh yeah, Lucky is def. BOSS!! I hope he's still as "nice" when he feels better!! Alli wants to know how many scratches he gave you!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's a wonderful news, hope he could recover better and to the fullest soon..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

His 2nd shot went even better. He was laying down and I did it without having to make him move. I don't think he even knew I did it! He's acting a little better already. They say sometimes it goes into remission for awhile, but most always comes back.

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...

Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm so proud of Lucky-boy!!! Hope he's ready for big smooch on Friday!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Old 08-19-2009, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Well, I've been buying all kinds of expensive food for him that's low in carbs, etc. and I thought I'd just cook him some chicken for a snack, and the little stinker won't even eat it! CATS!!!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...

Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

No WAY!!! What a snot!! Baby won't eat chicken either--not in any way, shape, or form!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Thats so weird! Probably because he knows that you spent time to make it, Haha

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

Old 08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets View Post
Thats so weird! Probably because he knows that you spent time to make it, Haha

Hehehe! Do you know cats or what!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

They are all crazy like that! I have yet to have a normal cat lol (:

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
They are all crazy like that! I have yet to have a normal cat lol (:

So true, so true!! People train dogs, but cats train people!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

Old 08-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Couldn't agree more! Dogs have owners and cats have staff

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Dogs have owners and cats have staff
I've never heard it that way before, but that is far better than any other way I've heard!! Sums it up perfectly!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

Old 08-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Wow we have gotten so far off topic =P Good Luck Lucky!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa