An update on Milko's toilet habits..... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

An update on Milko's toilet habits.....

Well I cleaned everything up with vinegar and water as you guys told me to and he has not gone pooed in thos eplaces again
However he has pooed under shadow's cage, once, and he has now just pooed next to the pantry cupboard (which is in the sunroom cause it doesn't fit in the kitchen). I've just cleaned that area with vinegar and water now. When he did the one under Shadow's cage I picked it up put it in his tray, and then put him in there and looked at it really intently. It was like he was thinking 'oh that goes in here' so I'v eput it down to him being young and being unsure and smelling the cats from the last owner (who must have been doing some serious territiorial marking!). At least it seems to be confined to one room, and there's only two corners left for him to try!
Just wanted to let you guys know how it is going!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 03:14 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

YAY!! Sounds like things are going better... Yeah it is most likely because he is so young on why he is going outside the box.....but your doing good with the vinegar/water and it sounds like it is helping Milko as well

Go Milko, Go Milko, Go

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:04 PM

When I had the foster kittens they did that in the room I left them in. There have never been any other cats in that room but they would potty in each corner. Everytime I would clean it they would find a new corner and then it just stopped. I think it has something to do with that transition from being stimulated to go by the mother and trying to find the potty in time on their own. Even human kids have accidents during potty training.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 06:18 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

When I was raising Gerona, the only time she would have accidents is when she couldn't make it to the litter box in time (in her opinion). Sometimes you honestly just have to remind them!

I would take Gerona right before bed time/after a hard play and put her in her kitty box and take her paw and scratch it a bit in the litter. Then she usually went and that was that.

You could also try putting a small kitty box in the room he's using the bathroom in. He could be like Gerona and just feels he can't make it to whatever other room the kitty box is in to potty. (Even if it's next DOOR.)

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

when i first got layla, the first thing i did was put her in her litter box, take her front paw and physically paw and scrape at the litter with it. i showed her that she could dig in the litter box (since cats like to cover their "stuff"). she's never had one accident. maybe you can show him that he can dig! hahahaha.
but it's probably just cause he's so young.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

thanks guys! he buries everything now anyway! He seems to have got that part down pat!
I started a new thread...a new update on what's going on!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
litter box, potty train, potty training