Update on orange kitten and a white cat! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Update on orange kitten and a white cat!

Well as you know...I was supposed to get a little orange kitten and was so excited to get the little orange kitten.I am sure some of you remember.

Anyway when the kittens reached 6 weeks old,the woman wanted them gone.I didn't want to take him until he was at least 8 weeks,because 6 weeks is still way too young.I messeged her telling her 6 weeks was too young and that I wouldn't take him that young.I wanted her to hold him,but she wouldn't and she gave him to someone else!

Well I want a second cat,as a friend for Bam.I am sure he will like a friend (he used to live with another cat before I adopted him) and found someone who is rehoming a 7 yr old spayed cat.Her name is Snowy and she is spayed and apparently very loving.So I am considering it.I say Bam would get along better with a female anyway (he is also fixed).I will know in the next day or two whether I take Snowy in.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 01:46 PM
I am allergic to maths

Sorry about your orange kitty, we could tell you were looking forward to him, but congrats on snowy, I hope you get him
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I am sad,as I would LOVE an orange cat! But it wasn't meant to be.Snowy is a female BTW! I will keep you updated though.

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 02:08 PM
I am allergic to maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
Snowy is a female BTW!
Sorry, wasnt conetrating, lol!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I am sorry to hear about the orange kitty, around here everyone put their kittens up at 6 weeks no matter what others say, they just don't understand, its just so sad. I do hope you get snowy...I know you wanted a second, and bam needs a friend keep us updated

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks.
Well the woman said she could bring Snowy over tonight or tommorrow morning.So I may have her sooner,rather then later.

I really wanted the little orange guy and where I was getting alot of updates,I felt he was mine! But I cannot take a cat at 6 weeks old.It is too young.One of my mom's cats was 6 weeks and now he has a few behavioural problems.

* Lisa *

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww i am so sorry you didnt get the orange kitty. That woman should be ashamed of herself............i hope you get the little white girl tho i am sure Bam will love her! xx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's awful! I can't believe she cared so little that she litterally shoved them out the door as soon as they hit 6 weeks. She had a GREAT home all ready for him, but she was selfish. Shame on her. I hope he went to a loving patient home!

Let us know if Snowy is movin' in!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I know.I was pretty angry with her too.But it is what it is.Sadly there are ALOT of people like that around here!
I still don't have Snowy...we had alot of snow last night and the night before,so there was no way she could get her down to me.

* Lisa *

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I am allergic to maths

Awww, hope you get her soon!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Salamander Buffalokisser

awww sorry you didn't get the orange cat, I know you were having problems with the fact that she wanted them out at 6 weeks. Hope it works out with this new kitty

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Betta Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
Thanks.
Well the woman said she could bring Snowy over tonight or tommorrow morning.So I may have her sooner,rather then later.

I really wanted the little orange guy and where I was getting alot of updates,I felt he was mine! But I cannot take a cat at 6 weeks old.It is too young.One of my mom's cats was 6 weeks and now he has a few behavioural problems.
Not so much behavioral as much as not shown by mommy how to clean himself and scratch up his doo in the litter box
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 07:16 PM

aww I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out with the orange kittie cause of an irresponsible person. But I wish you lots of luck with Snowy and I hope everything works out. It might just be for the best.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I am not getting the cat.
And I am not posting anymore about animals I "might" get.I seem to jinx it.This is the 3RD cat I posted about and didn't get.So from now on I am not going to post unless I ACTUALLY HAVE the animal...no more "I might be getting" posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Not so much behavioral as much as not shown by mommy how to clean himself and scratch up his doo in the litter box
Yes,but behavioural problems also occur in cats that are "weaned" too early.Same with puppies.

* Lisa *

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh, Lisa, I'm so sorry it didn't work out.

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Tags
cats, kittens, orange, white