Update: Zorro Is Here!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Update: Zorro Is Here!!!

Hi All,
Just wanted to give you a quick update to Introducing a New Cat.
First, thank you all for the advice!!!

My sister brought Zorro and Gorgon (her boa) on Friday night. We set up my daughter's nursery for them. My daughter still sleeps in our room (and probably will since I am so paranoid for quite a while still). Zorro hid under the futon the whole night. On Saturday morning, Angelique came strolling in to the room and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Zorro. She laid her ears back and growled at him. He took off back under the bed! Azrael saw him on Sunday and Zorro hissed at him. But, to my surprise, Azrael walked right up to him and smelled his nose. They have been buddies ever since!
Although we've been leaving the door open for days now, Zorro still doesn't leave his room more than a few steps and he hides out under the futon most of the time. But, two nights ago, I walked downstairs in the middle of the night only to see Zorro running like a mad man back to his room from the living room! He's so funny. He acts like he's not supposed to be out there.
If you are right about cats pairing up and one being the outsider, I'm afraid that Angelique is going to be the odd girl out. Poor thing. I have a feeling that once Zorro finds his courage, he and Azrael are gong to be inseperable.

My sister also brought her snake, Gorgon, with her. My sis's ex tried to freeze her to death (Gorgon, not my sister!). Poor baby! Since my hubby wouldn't let me bring in the big snake cage until I cleaned it and painted it, Gorgon is in a 10 gallon aquarium. I'm hoping to have the big cage ready for her this weekend. There's only room in the 10 gallon for a small water dish and a small hide that she can only fit 1/2 of her body in. If I'd known Keith was going to throw such a fit about bringing the cage in, I would have gotten it all pretty before they came!

Wow, I said this was going to be a *quick* update! This got long quick!

Thanks again for all the advice!
~Nellie

PS I'll post pictures when Zorro comes out from under the futon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 10:32 PM

Awww ... well I'm glad to hear that no one has gotten injured!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Nellie, I am glad to hear everything seems to be going well with the kitties!!! Keep us posted and can't wait to see pictures, girl!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Miss New Booty

Nellie, How are all the kitties adjusting?!? Any updates for us? I hope everything is going great! Any pictures?

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Hi!
Everything is going great with the kitties! Zorro has come in and made himself right at home.
I originally had his litter box and food dish in my daughter's bedroom, so that he could get adjusted and have his own space. He found the basement (where the other cat's litter box and food is kept) all by himself so I quit putting food upstairs for him. He started using the food and litter box downstair without any problems.
He just started hanging out in our bedroom recently. Even the dog doesn't get on his nerves anyway.
I'm actually kind of sad that my sister will be taking him back when she moves.
You can see pictures of all the kitties at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/nellie_beaubien

Thanks for checking up on us!
~Nellie
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwww! Your cats are so adorable, girl!!!!! I'm so glad everything is going great with Zorro, Nellie!! I knew they would all get along just fine! He sounds like a sweetie!!!! Thanks so much for updating us!

~* Jackie *~

Tags
litter box