upset tummy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

upset tummy

Philly seems to have an upset tummy tonight, thank heavens my stomach doesnt get upset easily, but she does have the bad runs and did puke, I was wondering if theres anything i can give her for this ? I already talked to the vet about her puking and upset stomach he says it is normal but if it contineaus for a few days to be worried and bring her back. But mean while i was wondering if theres anything i can give her ? that someone else on her might use keep in mind she is nursing.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 10:16 PM
It's all for them

Plain cooked white meat (breast) chicken. It's the best thing for upset tummy and diarrhea.

I keep some in the freezer at all times. When I roast a whole chicken or bake a breast on the bone I cut the chicken up into quarter sized chunks. When someone needs it, I take out one chunk at a time and shred it (easier to digest than cubed). Offer just a tablespoon at a time.

You can also try canned chicken breast. The water it is packed in will be good for her too. Make sure there are no spices added to it, and try to find it with no salt added if possible.

What kind of cat food is she eating?

Is her milk flowing good?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
Plain cooked white meat (breast) chicken. It's the best thing for upset tummy and diarrhea.

I keep some in the freezer at all times. When I roast a whole chicken or bake a breast on the bone I cut the chicken up into quarter sized chunks. When someone needs it, I take out one chunk at a time and shred it (easier to digest than cubed). Offer just a tablespoon at a time.

You can also try canned chicken breast. The water it is packed in will be good for her too. Make sure there are no spices added to it, and try to find it with no salt added if possible.

What kind of cat food is she eating?

Is her milk flowing good?
thanks for the advice, shes on kitten food right now as the vet suggested, for protien and she gets her usual treat of wet food. a little less then half a can, Her milk is fine.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 PM
It's all for them

Did you just start the kitten food after Kimik was born? Is it kibble? Sudden change in kibble usually does cause diarrhea and upset tummy. In that case I recommend you get her on a probiotic to help her system adjust. (but the chicken will still be good for her)

Benebac is found in most pet stores I think, it's a gel. I use probios, which I get at the feed store, it's a large tube of gel labeled for large animals, just a pea sized amount a day is given. Forti flora is a powder made by Purina that is an excellent product that most cats love, but it is expensive.

I'd increase her canned food too, she needs the moisture.

I bet Kimik is getting big, we need new pics!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
Did you just start the kitten food after Kimik was born? Is it kibble? Sudden change in kibble usually does cause diarrhea and upset tummy. In that case I recommend you get her on a probiotic to help her system adjust. (but the chicken will still be good for her)

Benebac is found in most pet stores I think, it's a gel. I use probios, which I get at the feed store, it's a large tube of gel labeled for large animals, just a pea sized amount a day is given. Forti flora is a powder made by Purina that is an excellent product that most cats love, but it is expensive.

I'd increase her canned food too, she needs the moisture.

I bet Kimik is getting big, we need new pics!
he is getting big ill get pics soon the kitten food i had her on before kimik was born, about a week before when i was certian she was prego because i didnt know what else for protien to give her other then meat,

By Anonymous
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

the chicken is a no go she wants nothing to do with it.sigh

By Anonymous
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

does she always have an upset tummy because they make sensative tummy kitty food. we use authority cat food
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
does she always have an upset tummy because they make sensative tummy kitty food. we use authority cat food
no she doesnt always have an upsest stomach, the vet figured out why she did, it was because of her meds, so they lowered it she seems fine now thou

By Anonymous
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Newborn Pup

Grass is the key to helping any upset stomach.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
It's all for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushudragon View Post
Grass is the key to helping any upset stomach.
I disagree with you. Cats do like to nibble grass, and it often makes them throw it back up. But I certainly wouldn't recommend giving it to a cat who is showing signs of illness.

Tags
upset tummy