urnitating problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

Question urnitating problem

I was wondering if anyone knows why my cat Tigger would be peeing on the burner of my electric stove as well as climb on to the bed and squat to pee beside me or my Fiancee. I don't think it is UTI becuase if it were she would be urniating in cool things and i haven't seen any blood in her urine. I make sure her litter box is clean up at least ever 2 days if not everyday. Twice a month i totally wash out the litter box to make sure that they do not get sick. We are on a fixed income and can't afford to bring her to the vet right now either, does anyone know what could be causing her to be urniating in warm places. I am worried about her. She stopped eatting as much of her hard food so we gave her a can of wet food and she wouldn't even touch it. We feed them hard food everyday and give them the wet food once in a while a s a treat. Can some one help me with as to why she is doing this, I would greatly appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Adolescent Pup

I am no cat expert by any means but I would ask myself a few qestions.

1. Is the cat still eating regularly as normal? (as stated her eating habbits have changed) which could denote that there is a sickness there.

2. has anything in the environment changed recently? IE; boy friend new pets change in food or litter. ect, ect, ect

3. how long have the cats been sharing the one litter box? It oculd be that this cat does not like to share.

Some things to think about I would leen more tward you cat is not feeling well. hope all turns out well keep us informed.

stickybuns
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

we bought a acheap litter to tide us over since we ran out of litter and the store was closed but as soon as we got new litter it was changed and she has been shareing since we got them both we changed food cus she wasn't eatting and now she seems to be eatting like she use to. only change in the environment is the christmas tree being up but she was peeing everywhere before that. she seems better now so hopefully she is done. Now to keep the lil one outta the tree she loves laying in the branches but she is bending them down on us but at least that is a lil better since there is no smell to that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

Thumbs up

I'm glad to here that you cat is doing better some times the litter does make a dif. Keep us posted.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

u and me both, and i will

Tags
litter box, wet food