Vaccinations Question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Vaccinations Question

It's about time for my two oldest cats to get Vaccinated. How safe is it to let Lillian, go without her Giardia vaccine? She has a really terrible reaction to it every time she gets it, my cats are strickly indoors, so I was wondering if skipping it this time wouldn't be best.

When she gets the shot, she gets muscle pain, and high fever. The last time she got it, we had to take her to the E-Vet in Trooper PA, and it was like $500. But now that I live in an area with no E-Vet, I'm a little leary about getting her this vaccine.

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Newborn Pup

Don't allow your cat to be vaccinated if s/he has a reaction to it. Pay attention to your instincts. It could kill her.

Be VERY careful about vaccinations in cats. A side effect shows it's destructive to her. Sometimes they'll need IV support until they get over it and sometimes those symptoms won't show up for months.

Years ago, I had a cat who had that reaction, and I called the drug company that made the vaccination and talked to one of the scientists who said "if my cat reacted like that, I'd never give him another one."

Later, I had another cat who also had a reaction. Then, several months later, he ended in the ER for a week. Several years (and several vaccinations because Vaccines were lifesavers in my belief system back then) later, he developed CANCER (fibrosarcoma, or VAS, Vaccine associated sarcoma) from which he subsequently died.

Medications and vaccinations are supposed to help not harm our kitties. She's not likely to get giardia. Skip it. For EVER

Last edited by quirkyrabbit; 04-27-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Tags
vaccines