Various photos of Gerona, Galina and Henry! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Talking Various photos of Gerona, Galina and Henry!

Gerona and Henry Share a Kitty Tree

Gerona's Funny Sleep Positions

Handsome Henry

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Galina Trying to Look Like an Egg

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

aw they are all very pretty kitties i like the one of Gerona's head hanging off the side of the kitty tree. Of topic but how did you come up with your girls names?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Well, when I first got Gerona she was a week old and I thought she was a boy (you know those baby kittens--it's always so hard to tell)! So, when she was around 2.5 weeks old I started calling her "Geronimo" after the famous Apache Native American because of her fearless and sometimes even intimidating nature (this really fits her, as when she was around 5 weeks or so she started taking GREAT pleasure in terrifying my cousin--then 5--by standing on her back legs like a bear, claws out and leap at him to get him to run; once he started running she'd chase him throughout the house). Well, around that time I learned my little he was a she, and I didn't want to give her a complex by letting her have a boy's name, so I feminised it to "Gerona."

As for Galina, she was always such a beautiful little kitten to me with the sweetest doll-like eyes. I had a Russian doll that I thought was one of the most beautiful dolls in the world so I decided to give her a Russian name. I chose 'Galina' since it started with a 'G' and I wanted another 'G' name to go with Gerona and Galina means 'light' in Russian, which I felt was fitting because she was a light in my life when everything else seemed dark. To this day she is still my baby girl. While Gerona has decided she likes Sami more than me (TOTAL Daddy's Girl, let me tell you), Galina is 100% Mama's Girl. And 100% 'Russian Princess,' too!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Thats funny and sweet! I think i have been saying there names wrong this whole time!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 03:45 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw! i love the one with her head hanging off the side, too! so cute! they are all adorable.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, very sweet pics!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

They are all so adorable! I wish I could sleep like that...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Ariel, you say Gerona's name Juh-row*-nah (*-'row' as in row your boat).

And Galina it's Gah-lee-nah.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

When Gerona sleeps like that (with her head hanging off the side of the kitty tree), one could almost think she's dead because she's sleeping so heavily.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Awww, what cute pics! I love the funny sleeping positions pics.

I think you have some very spoiled kitties.

Rhonda

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

aww what adorable pictures and sweet names I like them too! very unique

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 06:35 PM

Awww so cute.... And I love your white cat...although all of them are super cute.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Very cute pics!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Playful Pup

Your cats are gorgeous and I love your sig and tree!

Tags
white cat