vegitarian cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

does anyone have a cat that they kept on vegitarian diet, using VegeCAT Vegan cat food nutritional supplement which Provides essential nutiritients for healthy Vegan cats as it contains taurine and others, as Cats need dietary taurine, but significant quantities naturally occur only in animal tissues. A shortage causes blindness and im just looking into this as i wouldnt dream of doing anything to harm any animal
do have a look at the link below.

Vegan Cat Food Supplement - VegeCAT from VeggiePets.com : , UK Online and Mail Order. Vegan Cat Food Supplement - VegeCAT UK.

meena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 07:32 PM

Does your kitty have allergies...?

Or are you vegetarian yourself? =]
I ask because i'm vegetarian (ok I eat vegan 97% of the time,but I still call myself vegetarian because I do occasionally eat dairy,though I prefer organic dairy& i'd eat eggs (rarely) only if they are organic& gotten from birds kept ONLY as pets& fed organic food...you get the picture ...I try to be as vegan as possible...& by rarely I mean a few times a year)

That being said,I never altered any of my pets diets...because,to be honest,it never crossed my mind..but I'd be worried i'd be doing more harm than good.
Vegetarians (especially vegans) have to work a bit harder to get all their vitamins.
& My pets get really picky,really fast .
I only ever fed vegetarian foods as a treat in the past.
They don't really go crazy over it as they do the alternative.<-refering to my pets.

That particular product I never tried,I'd really really research before you consider switching your kitty over though.
Unless your kitty has an allergy,then thats different& you can talk it over with your veterinarian.

Sorry I'm not of any help...

Last edited by candyraver; 06-29-2007 at 07:37 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:52 PM
RAT ADDICT

I am a vegetarian as well.

However I am 100% against turning meat eating pets vegetarian.It is not good for them.Ask your vet about it.But really cats and dogs are NOT vegetarian or vegan and it would be cruel to turn them like that,plus they could get really sick.

Whynot look into raw food diets? I am not sure if they have them for cats,but they do for dogs.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Curmudgeon

I too find it absurd to try to turn a carnivore into to an herbivore. If you don't like an animal's diet, don't get the animal as a pet. It's rather unfair to risk the animal's health just because of your personal feelings about eating meat. JMO

bob

bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 12:13 AM
laugh often

I saw a rescue video on a woman who made her cats vegan. The cats were in poor condition when they were rescued. Alot were put to sleep because some of the nutrients that were needed naturally were not there and that did alot of harm to the cats. Some were able to be saved but not all.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 01:25 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygala
I too find it absurd to try to turn a carnivore into to an herbivore. If you don't like an animal's diet, don't get the animal as a pet. It's rather unfair to risk the animal's health just because of your personal feelings about eating meat. JMO

bob

bob
Well said!

I am a vegetarian,but I would NEVER dream of turning a carnivorous dog or cat or any animal that eats meat into a herbivore.It isn't natural.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:07 PM

Thats why I asked if their kitty had an allergy or was it
because she was vegetarian.

I have a lot of pets,none of which I altered the diet of.
Please don't alter your pets food without reason.
You'd really be doing more harm than good in a lot of cases

Tags
cat food, raw food diet