vet visit - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

vet visit

Ok any quick advice on taking a cat to the vets, what to expect and how to get it in a cat box all by myself?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 03:48 PM
Part of the Pack

1 essential item you'll need is a towel if your cats going to be akward, do you have an easy basket to put your cat in? I would keep the cat in once it's in till it's time to go too the vets and just do things calm and nicely whilst not trying alarm him/her lol.

animalexpert - a life long learner

Qualifications: FdSc AMgt. N.Dip AMgt, and VetMed Cert
Working towards: BSc AMgt, A.Dip AB, Marine Zoology and Herptology
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Leave the box out all the time. Cats can't resist a box. This way they will get used to it. Often mine are found sleeping in them! If there's not much time between now and then, don't wait till the last minute to try and get the cat in. A fussy cat will resist and it can take time. Don't make it a negative experience, or the next time will be even harder!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Miss New Booty

Awesome advice, Lizz! Leaving the carrier out for them to go in is a great idea! They love going in to check out what it is!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Part of the Pack

Yea, leaving the carrier out is a great idea. That's what I do. They always sleep in it. For mine I usually just grab the cat and put him in. Mine are not enthusiastic to go in there though. I usually have to struggle with simba. Oh yea, wear a shirt that you wouldn't mind getting holes into if you try to put him in there. I always get holes in my shirt when I try putting them in. It's a lot better if you just catch them in there and close them in but that doesn't happen that often.

My babies...

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Marias grandad left the box outside in the night for us as we dont have one and when I brought it in both Emil and Tilly sniffed at it.
I think he should be ok as he is a quiet cat and not a scratcher or a biter but he can be a bit tricky like with taking his tablets.
Will let you know how it went later.
i tell you that vets is becoming my second home

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Part of the Pack

I hope he feels better and do keep us informed on how he does.
I remember when I first got sky I went to the vet with her for about a week...every single day It was horrible for her but only because her vet was not the nicest of people with her.

My babies...

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

The turtle vets are nice but where we take the cat is a different department so I dont know what they are like.

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy