Walmart's pet products - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Walmart's pet products

http://71-210-85-132.blng.qwest.net:...her%20left.JPG
Hi, recently I adopted a kitten(see above for a pic). I named her Luna, she's a great cat. She got sick for a little while with URI but she's a lot better now. Anyway, before she got sick she used to play with the toys I bought her from walmart, and she used the litter I bought from walmart(arm & hammer natural litter). Then when she got sick she quit playing with her toys, and she wouldn't use the litter(if I put her in the box she'd jump out. If I held her to the box she'd fight). So I bought another arm and hammer clumping odorless cat litter from "Albertsons." She uses that all the time. Anyway, like I said, she's a lot better, and a lot more playful. But when I hold a toy mouse to her nose she backs away, or runs away. when I held her and put the toy mouse near her, she fought and tried to get away, then she drooled a little. And just tonight I put the light up ball(which I also bought from Walmart) in the Christmas tree so she'd play with that instead of the ornaments. She knocked down the ball and then just sat there and drooled a little. I also tried holding the toy mouse to the other cat but she doesn't seem to mind but she doesn't show interest(but she's an older cat, and not very playful).

Now, am I being paranoid, or did Walmart contaminate all the pet supplies with something? I want to find out why my kitten is reacting badly to these toys. She plays with everything else, and she plays with the Christmas tree(which also came from Walmart). But she takes off from the real cat toys. Is my kitten just allergic to something from Walmart? btw this store is located in Billings MT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Guarded by Waffles

I would go to petsmart.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

idk i've never had a cat. i feed my dogs food and treats and stuff from wal-mart all the time though and they never have any problems. maybe your cat is just more picky? petsmart is a good idea though, they do have more nutritious things for animals. wal-mart is just closer to me, but if i can get to a pet store i usually go there instead.

MY LITTER INCLUDES:

"dog"(cause she thinks shes one of the dogs)

"neva"(RIP pepe and hector)

-two white fancy mice, unnamed. 9 brown/brindle fancy mice also unnamed

"dusty, asher, maggie, nikki, bella, sampson, lucky"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

The mouse toy prolly has catnip in it? maybe she just doesn't like catnip? We've bought some toys and stuff from walmart and never had a problem, and we buy our cat litter there too, Altho we haven't bought the arm and hammer kind, maybe theres just something in that she doesn't like. Cats are just finicky sometimes.

My Furry Family
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I'll just go to petsmart. it could be nothing. I'm just a little suspicious because Luna runs away from every toy I give her from walmart, and drools like she's allergic or they have some kind of bad taste(except the christmas ornaments.) It really doesn't bother me if she doesn't want to play with them. I'm just surprised how she reacts when I put one near her.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

I've read that catnip can cause cats to drool, I cant say from experience tho since I don't think we've ever actually given our cats catnip. You could try buying a catnip toy from petsmart to see if you get the same reaction.

My Furry Family
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

well i went to petsmart and bought a mouse toy, a yarn ball toy, and a ball with a bell inside. she reacts the same way except with the ball. im guessing its the catnip. she still hates the light up ball which doesnt have catnip. i even washed it and she still runs from it. oh well. maybe i should buy a real ball of yarn and let her play with that since shes allergic to cat toys :p at least itd keep her away from climbing the christmas tree and destroying the ornaments lol. but i guess if i was a kitten id much rather climb around in a christmas tree and knock down ornaments than play with some boring cat toy :p. anyway im not going to worry about it. she still likes playing with plastic bags and she only broke 4 ornaments on the tree. thanks for your help!

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Betta Bomb

thats wierd, i dont think wal mart would contaminate pet toys, they might just be made of low grade materials. our cat Illusion will play with anyhting that moves and has never turned down a wal mart toy any more than a toy from Petcetera..i heard that catnip might not affect kittens, so maybe this is a result of her URI? i dont know,but i wouldnt spend tooo much on cat toys for the time being, just go out and find some pine cones and other natural toys and see how she takes to them
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

id guess its catnip, some cats go crazy in love with it and some hate it like no other.

One of our cat loves his catnip toys and the other doesn't care a bit about them

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Pine cones sound like a good idea. I know for the time being I don't plan on spending one cent more on cat toys. My mom also thought she avoids the cat toys because she played with them when she got URI. So I'm thinking anything that my kitten can play with that doesn't come from a pet store or a pet section in the grocery store will work. Such as Christmas ornaments(except I'm trying to keep her away from those lol) Actually right now I can hear her playing with the ball that has the bell in it, so I think that's working out pretty well.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 04:02 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Our cat loves those little practice golf ball things, they look like little whiffle balls or something, we get them at the dollar store theres like 12 in a pack and hes on his 3rd pack theres a little hole in the corner by our dishwasher where he keeps losing them, poor kitty, one day we're gonna pull our dishwasher out and see what else hes pushed back there.

My Furry Family
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Newborn Pup

My cats love cat dancer and lasers. Cat dancer is a piece of wire with cardboard pieces on it...... I know sounds like nothing, but my cats go crazy with it. It does not have cat nip in it.

Have never had a problem with the litter or toys at walmart.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 05:43 AM
Newborn Pup

I was really excited when i found $1000 gift card for walmart... i have a walmart nearby, and i shop quite frequently there. when i heard about this i was super excited, thought i will share it with all of you!

Visit today YoFreeSamples to know about it!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

what does this have to do with my pets, or even pets in general?

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 04:41 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

just a troll an odd one but a troll i guess

[/CENTER]

Tags
cat allergies