Want to Have Your Cat Featured on Paw-Talk? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Want to Have Your Cat Featured on Paw-Talk?

Hello Everyone!

Some of you may have noticed that the "Breed Profiles" sub-forum of Paw-Talk is currently missing. We, here at Paw-Talk, value the education of our members and have temporarily disabled this sub-forum in order to re-write it's entire contents! We are planning to add more in depth profiles, breed specific pictures, and links to the CFA and TICA breed standards.

Whereas I (Amber/RareBreedExotic) will be in charge of writing the profiles on the breed origins, temperament, and physical characteristics, I will need some help from the Paw-Talk members to make this forum a working masterpiece.

I am asking all breeders and owners of purebred kitties as well as domestics to submit either professional or home shots of their kitties so that we may post them as a reference for those who are researching the different breeds. I am in need of kitten pictures, as well as adult shots, and would like to also have a "color chart" for quick and easy reference to the different coat colors. If you have a variety of coat colors in your home or cattery, regardless of breed, please send me those pictures also! You do not need to include the entire cat, as long as the "pattern" can be clearly seen in the photo. When submitting your coat color or "pattern", also mention if the color or "pattern" is specific to a certain breed.

If you choose to submit a photo, your picture will appear at the beginning of the individual thread (example-"Exotic," "Rag doll," etc.) and will have the following photo credits:
  1. The kitty's title status (Grand Champion, Regional Winner, etc.)
  2. The kitty's full registered name (with cattery prefixes and suffixes)
  3. The kitty's registered breed
  4. Photo Permission Grantor (i.e.- photo courtesy of Amber Lea Morgan)
  5. Copyright Info/Only if the photo was taken professionally or you own the copyright (example-"copyright Puurfect Picture Studios")
If you would like your kitty featured in the "Breed Profiles" section and are willing to fill out a permission form, please click on the following link to submit your info:

http://www.rare-breed-cattery.com/breed_picture_form.htm

Remember, as owners and breeders of purebred cats YOU are our best source for breed specific knowledge and your opinions and comments are greatly appreciated and valued. If you would like to share your breed specific knowledge, click the following link:

http://www.rare-breed-cattery.com/breed_profile_survey.htm

I promise to include everyone's thoughts and perspectives, and feel that the more people who participate, the better this section will become. Pictures will be added on a first come, first serve basis, but I will try and include as many pictures as possible for a better representation of each breed.

Thanks in advance to everyone and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Amber @ Rare Breed Cattery
http://www.rare-breed-cattery.com/
or
[email protected]

PS - The permission form asks for a URL for your picture. If you do not have access to web hosting or picture hosting services, you may fill out the permission form and e-mail me directly with your attached picture. My e-mail address is listed above. Please include the picture as an attachment in .psf or .jpg format, and include your Paw-Talk member name so that I can link the form to your attached picture. If your computer does not support these extentions, please contact me so that I may send you a more detailed list of extentions.

Last edited by RareBreedExotic; 07-16-2004 at 02:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 03:22 AM

I think I will send in pics of my Siamese, Lacey. She is a great example of a blue point Siamese. She's also from champion lines (dad is a GC and mom is a CH.) I would send them in now but I'm at work and unable to grab the pics from here. (I have some nice kitten and adult pics of her, too. Not professional, but at least not bad quality. )
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Siamese pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
I think I will send in pics of my Siamese, Lacey. She is a great example of a blue point Siamese. She's also from champion lines (dad is a GC and mom is a CH.) I would send them in now but I'm at work and unable to grab the pics from here. (I have some nice kitten and adult pics of her, too. Not professional, but at least not bad quality. )
thanks roz! i figured you'd be first in line .i'll hold your spot in the siamese column. also, if you know a whole lot about siamese, click on the breed survey link on the thank you page when you are done with the pictue submittal. it will take you to a survey where you will be able to contribute breed specific knowledge to the siamese profile section.
amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 02:02 PM

I sent ya a pic of the seal point Siamese we had.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisanne
I sent ya a pic of the seal point Siamese we had.
thanks Chrisanne! Samson is such a little doll! I've always been partial to siamese (I had one growing up) so my heart just melts when I look at the picture. Your description of Samson being a one person cat is very typical for the breed. My siamese liked me, but would attack anyone and everyone else. Even with me, she would only let me pet her head and NEVER her tail. She used to walk me to school everyday and would wait in a tree until school was over. I really miss her. Siamese really hold a special place in my heart.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 06:11 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

My cat Gerona is not purebred (to my knowledge) but her likeness to the Russian White is just scary. She matches the breed description perfectly and even has the "disappearing" grey stripes that they have when they're born but which fade as they get older. If you would like a picture of her, I can surely take one.

I also have a friend who owns a Maine Coon, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind submitting a picture of her kitty if you need it.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihlaja
My cat Gerona is not purebred (to my knowledge) but her likeness to the Russian White is just scary. She matches the breed description perfectly and even has the "disappearing" grey stripes that they have when they're born but which fade as they get older. If you would like a picture of her, I can surely take one.

I also have a friend who owns a Maine Coon, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind submitting a picture of her kitty if you need it.
thanks so much for offering! i would love any and all pictures from you, or from friends, who have different breeds of cats (purebred or not). just go to the form page listed above and submit the pictures. i look forward to reading your submittal!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

bump....
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 10:47 AM

What about a profile for barn mousers cause I got lots of those? JK!! :
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

bump...

Tags
maine coon