wanting to find a Turkish Angora in or near MO - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

wanting to find a Turkish Angora in or near MO

I am very seriously wanting to adopt a Turkish Angora cat, I have a lil Grey kitty at the house thats about a year old and she highly rambunctious I have thought that maybe getting another cat would give her a companion around the house to play with and that it might be something good for her.
I saw something on TV talking about Turkish Angoras and they seemed like a really cool breed. I am willing to look at whatever venues are available shelters, rescues anything like that. If I have too much trouble I would consider looking at breeders. But I would like to adopt if at all possible.
If anyone can offer any help to me that would be wonderful thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Hello Earthling

Is there a particular reason that you want a pure bred cat? Or do you just want one because you thought it was cool?

If you really want a purebred cat do a google search and look on the site of the cat registering organization (sorry I have no clue what it is called). To buy a purebred kitten from a breeder you would most likely be looking to pay around $500.00 + (guess from what I've seen)

Go and take a look at local cat rescues and you may just find a Turkish Angora or even find another cat that you just fall in love with.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I love Turkish Angoras they are my favorite!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Did you look around on Petfinder?

http://www.petfinder.com/search/sear...x=&location=MO

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
to be fair I did look at petfinder, just sometimes with that site its kind of hit and miss, and there are not too many that are around me locally, this is not really something i plan on doing fairly soon. It will probably be a little while. I am just trying to find out where are the best areas for me to look as of right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancritter View Post
Is there a particular reason that you want a pure bred cat? Or do you just want one because you thought it was cool?

If you really want a purebred cat do a google search and look on the site of the cat registering organization (sorry I have no clue what it is called). To buy a purebred kitten from a breeder you would most likely be looking to pay around $500.00 + (guess from what I've seen)

Go and take a look at local cat rescues and you may just find a Turkish Angora or even find another cat that you just fall in love with.
to be fair I did mention I wanted to look at rescues before breeders, I was just having trouble finding anything on rescues specifically when I did internet searches. I would much rather adopt a cat then get it from a breeder, but I just was not having a lot of luck looking myself thats why i asked here to see if anyone could help me out.
and I just thought Angora were really pretty so i was interested in rescuing one of those specifically.

Last edited by kala83; 05-27-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Tags
turkish angora