weird kitty behavior? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

weird kitty behavior?

so i normally post on the rabbits section, etc. but i'm home this weekend for the holiday, and i am reminded that i have a cat too, sort of.

bella is my kittybaby and i love her so much. but when i moved out of my parents house she was 9 yrs old and had lived in the same place her whole life. she was born of a stray we were helping, so she was literally born here. i just felt it would be cruel to move her somewhere that she wouldn't have a safe closed backyard and the familiar home. and then i married a bird guy anyways, so it would have been rough.

so, bella is about 12 now, and just tonight i witnessed something weird, and my mom confirmed it.

she takes a toy, something shaped lieka kitten every time apparently, drags it to my parents bedroom door (in the middle of the night) or at the moment, the door of the room i'm in... and starts crying like she's in heat. (she's spayed) she doesn't seem to want to play or be petted much, it's weird. i hold the toy up and she nuzzles it for a minute, snuggles up for a little while, then leaves. a little while later, she's in the hallway with another stuffy toy. she's brought three to me this evening.

could it be that my parents aren't giving her enough attention? is this some kind of weird mommy instinct thing? i mean, we've had cats my whole life, but this is kinda weird... anyone have advice?

thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George orwell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I have heard weirder, it sounds to me like it is just a motherly instinct, she wants something to take care of. Maybe she misses you?

A friend of mine recently had a cat start producing milk, mind you she is spayed...he had recently had ferret kits and momma died during delivery so instead of continuing with supplementing he let her surogate...now when the ferrets start meowing....

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my old cat got her nickname "Mama" because she would take stuffies and try to nurse them and she would spend hours grooming them lol...she carried them everywhere...but it could also be an attention thing, I mean if when she brings you the stuffy she gets attention then why not keep it up lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

my solution tonight is to take the stuffy and snuggle it against her, (i say things like 'your baby loves you', but i'm sure that's not much to her) and that seems to be making her happy.

George orwell