Photos! Welcome Home Emma - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Welcome Home Emma

Saturday we picked up my little Emma. The house was horrible she was basically becoming feral she hid and hissed and threw a fit. I gave her the capstar tablet I got from the vet then gave her her bath in dawn soap. she is now totally flea free and roaming my room. She cried and hid a lot for about 12 hours then finally ate and started approaching me. Its amazing the transformation she is now cuddling with me and purring and even naturally took to her litter box. She likes to slide down things and attack everything but she is the sweetest little comedian. I plan to get more these were from when she was hiding I was too busy giggling to get more plus my camera is having gear problems again

For the beginning of the story read this

Baby Bath

Exploring the Bathroom

Screaming

In my room

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Her collar is a BIT Too big

Proud Mommy to-

post #3 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Adolescent Pup

lol shes a little fur ball aint she, i like her eyes, im glad she has a good home now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

She is the best kitten I could ask for

Proud Mommy to-

post #5 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

What a lovely kitty, congratulations! Hope she settles so well soon, I just love her big eyes..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #6 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Adolescent Pup

aaaarrrrrrr!! Congrats!!!! Lovely little thing!
post #7 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 AM
It's all for them

Aww, what a dear little baby Emma is. There will be flea eggs hatching most likely so you may need a few flea treatments when she is big enough to handle the kitten dose. Your vet will know. When does she go in to the vet?

I am so looking forward to watching Emma grow up!

Declawing: please read this first
post #8 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Our appointment is tonight. I'll ask about the eggs I was thinking the dawn would kill the eggs ... I'll ask

Proud Mommy to-

post #9 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 AM
is a little "special"

Aww, what a cutie pie!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #10 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 12:51 PM
It's all for them

Dawn (or any soap) doesn't kill flea eggs. Eggs that have not been rendered sterile by a flea pesticide are going to hatch. Hopefully you washed most of them away down the drain with her bath, did you use the flea comb on her too?

I'll be watching for the update after her trip to the vet!

post #11 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Yes I did use to comb on her but not thoroughly she is so bony I kept hitting like her spine or ribs or whatever else. She is also very tiny so its not easy but I combed as much of her as I could. Now I'm watching her attack her feet and tail lol. She's super playful and crazy even for a kitten.

I'll make sure to post updates from the vet once we get back.

Is it ok that she flips plops and slides a lot? She keeps hitting her face on things I think its normal kitten playfulness but she is definetly full of personality

Proud Mommy to-

post #12 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Vet Update

Well we just got back from the vet Emma is FeLV negative and has a normal temp but is only .8 lbs which is underweight and they said she has a respiratory infection and probably intestinal parasites( none were in her stool sample but she may just not have passed them) they gave her her first round of vaccines and a shot for the respiratory infection and gave me premeasured syringes with dewormer to be given every 24 hours. they said she seems to be doing well bonding with me ( she fell asleep as soon as they put her back in my arms) and the food she is being fed is a very good natural food. Just start wetting it at a 4:1 ratio

Proud Mommy to-

post #13 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 06:45 PM
It's all for them

Thanks for the update! Getting rid of the worms will help her grow stronger and put on weight. Keep combing out flea dirt, I understand about her boniness, but do what you can, anyway.

I don't understand why a vet would give vaccines to an underweight ill kitten. Vaccines are actually ineffective in those circumstances. In addition vaccines temporarily lower the immune system, so the kitten will not be able to fight off her URI.

I know you will give her the best of tender loving care, I am sorry if this causes you to worry, but I find your vet's vaccine protocol very odd.

Last edited by somebody; 06-13-2011 at 06:48 PM.
post #14 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

She is .8 lbs and they said shewill be fine once she is parasite free. Also they vaccine they gave is the first round of the FVRCPC ... the upper respiratory vaccine. They may have said she may have been exposed but I'm fairly sure they said she has one. She'll be fine.

Proud Mommy to-

post #15 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 09:14 PM
It's all for them

I know she couldn't be in better more loving hands than yours.