wet bald patch...help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

wet bald patch...help!

Hi, last time I posted, it was about a cat that was going potty on a sofa (settee) nothing really worked, and then my granddaughter became house bound, so I lent her the cat. Guess what? No more problems!
Anyhoo, this time, it is about our mad cat Missy. She has had a really hazaardous life, if it is going to happen, it will happen to her! Now, though, she has been looking a bit bedraggled recently. (Last few days)She is a Tonkanese, and weedy looking at the best of times, but healthy and full coat. Now she is over grooming. I have researched and felt it was due to flea allergy, although I haven't found any on her, the other, a Balinese, had a couple. So we defleaed them both. But she has got worse. Where she had random thin patches, she now has those, and a rather alarming large wet and bald patch on her shoulder.
I intend to take her to the vet tomorrow, and wondered if any of you have had this happen? Could it still be flea allergy?
She is eating well, and seems as happy as ever.
Both the cats are house cats, as we live on a (now) main road, but they have been house cats from babies, and are unconcerned about outside the windows.
Any ideas?
Thank you, Piles of smiles, Dobby. xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 05:12 AM
Will It Ever Change?

i'm not sure if cats can get mange, but dogs do and they get wet bald patches that itch horribly. I'm glad you're taking her to the vet! please, let us know how it goes

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan