What could pizza do to a cat? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

What could pizza do to a cat?

I know this is probably a silly question; but the other day the neighbour's cat came in my house while I had a friend over. We were watching TV and we didn't notice her until I spotted something on the sofa next to me. We'd had pizza for dinner and i had a couple of slices left over. This cat grabbed a slice of pizza and ran out my back door with it. I was wondering if that would be really harmful to her from eating it. Well, I figure she ate it cos once it got a bit lighter outside we looked and there was no pizza in my garden. It wasn't hot or anything, it'd been sitting there for about an hour, because I didn't want it.

I know it can't be good for the animal, but I wanted to know if it was actually harmful to her? I have to say though, it was rather funny at the time, because it was so unexpected. I wonder what she's like in her own house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Adolescent Pup

I am honestly not sure. I dont think it will harm the cat. When Sly was younger he would eat anything we were eating. That included pizza, chips, pasta...whatever. It gave him real bad and smell gas though so we stopped. I personally wouldnt worry about it. Its not like your feeding that cat pizza all the time lol.

20 Rats
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 Gerbils
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Hello Earthling

It really depends what was on the pizza and the ingredients in the dough and sauce.

BTW your signature is much to big

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

It was just a basic cheese and tomato. okay I'll see if I can get it any smaller.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

i think it would be fine. The cat probably brought it outside your garden and just ate the cheese.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Newborn Pup

It should't harm the cat I've had cats all my life what your saying is a one of experience so don't worry x
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Betta Bomb

I wouldnt worry too much about it either. My kitty Illusion eats everything and is fine. Just be sure to ask your neighbor if there was anything wierd about the cat and explain that he took your pizza!! lol
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Curmudgeon

She'll probably start craving beer and stealing the remote now!

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Adolescent Pup

actually it can be pretty harmful. We used to give my cat alexander human food not thinking it would harm him and now he is known as my $1,000 dollar baby as he ended up getting crystals in his blatter to the point where he couldn't pee. He started seizing so I told my mom we had to go to the after hour vet hospital and it turns out that if we would have waited till the morning his bladder would have eruptured and he would be dead. his urine was NOTHING but blood for a whole 24+ hours. So human food can actually be pretty harmful. Now he gets NO human food.. However I think that if that's the ONLY thing she ate and is not getting anymore human food then it shouldn't do much damage.. But im not sure
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Eating it once will probably only make her fat! (and crave beer and the remote like Bob said)

*Missy*

Tags
pizza cat