What to do for my cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

What to do for my cat

Hello All--

We have had our cat for15 years. Recently he has blood in his stool, he cant walk well, he cannot climb the stairs or jump as well as he used too, he meows all the time. He does continue to purr, play and eat though. Is this something to be worried about? We just want him to go on his own terms, we know he is old, and he doesn't seem to be suffering. Is there anything we can do?

Thanks

jossy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

It sounds like he needs to go to the vet. Especially since it didn't just start now...sounds like it's been going on for a little while.

It might not even have anything to do with his age.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
It sounds like he needs to go to the vet. Especially since it didn't just start now...sounds like it's been going on for a little while.

It might not even have anything to do with his age.

i agree....and even if he acts normal, it could be painful for him if he's having a hard time getting around I would personally take him to the vet...it might be a easy fix to add more years to his life, and yours (having him w/u )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Playful Pup

Definitely take him to the vet, especially if he has blood in his stool. Good luck.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Will It Ever Change?

yes hun i say vet as well. he may not be "on his way out" he could just have something like a cold for us. even our old people get sick sometimes. best wishes and keep us updated

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Fluffy Chimphead

as all others have said take him to the vet. in not taking him you may be unknowingly allowing him to suffer and cutting his life short. It may be a quick fix for him and then there will be more years added but at the same time there may not be and the only answer it to let him pass but you will never know if you don't bring him to the vet.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 PM

My cat just went through this "blood in his stool" "blood in his urine" and I immediately rushed him to the vet! Panic set in as soon as I saw blood and the first thing you do is go to the vet. Anyway, your pet needs the vet. It IS in pain as I found out. It needs antibiotics. Anyway, mine did. In my cat's case, he had crystals in his urine and cystitis - sp? And it is very painful. It can even cause them to start to leave their litter box and start going other places because they begin to see their litter box as a place that causes them pain. So, it may not be age at all. Please, get your kitty help and soon, it is in pain.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 02:33 AM

What ever happened here? How is kitty?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Fluffy Chimphead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
What ever happened here? How is kitty?
I am wondering the same thing and was about to find this post

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)

Tags
litter box