What do you feed your cats? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

What do you feed your cats?

Right now we have our cat on Purina ONE® Sensitive Systems, david said he read all the packages at walmart and that one looked best.. of course i have no idea what he was looking for when he read them.. But Toast (our cat) Has some awful smelling gas sometimes, like clear a room bad. So im thinking maybe this food just isnt agreeing with him. And we need to try something else.. Altho i totally understand the Smelly Cat song now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Part of the Pack

Go natural is quite good when i first got my 7 month old female she was on that it smelled aweful but her coat is soft and very shiny because of it. With my other cat who is 5 he is on whiska's at the moment but when my other kitten comes in december we will be changing everyone over to some type of vet food until the breeder tell's me the type she will be putting him on as i always find that it is really amazing stuff. My siamese had really bad gas as well and she could literally clear a room(she's even stunk herself out of a room)
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Newborn Pup

I feed my cat Wellness Core dry and Wellness grain free wet. My cat is thriving on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Guarded by Waffles

We feed Xena Purina One and the other two get Science Diet for a medical condition they have

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

I have always fed my two cats Performatrin Ultra and have never had any problems.

http://www.performatrinultra.com/cat/cat.htm

But now only China can eat that and Hyrum is eating Hills Perscription Diet c/d to prevent him from getting uti's.

http://www.hillspet.com/hillspet/pro...45524441783126
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Kramer is on Purina kitten chow, he needs the extra calories in it and every single time we take him off of it and try some other food he gets super skinny. Our vet has told us to keep him on the kitten chow. He also gets those fancy feast melody or meadly wet food. They come in a greenish can and he loves them.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Newborn Pup

Have you tried feeding a higher protein food? Any Holistic/no grain is very high in fat and will help your kitty keep the weight on. For examples Innova Evo, Wellness Core and Solid Gold.
IMO Kitten Chow only has corn, corn and more corn (fillers). Cats are carnivores and need to eat meat to keep healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxatawny View Post
Kramer is on Purina kitten chow, he needs the extra calories in it and every single time we take him off of it and try some other food he gets super skinny. Our vet has told us to keep him on the kitten chow. He also gets those fancy feast melody or meadly wet food. They come in a greenish can and he loves them.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I know a lot of people are going with raw diets for cats. It can be a difficult transition but it does work....

With my brother's cat we haven't tried the raw diet yet. That cat is SO picky. He does like the fancy feast in the green can. He also likes the shredded fancy feast. It CANT be like a cake, it has to be shredded and even then it can't be any kind of beef or fish (Yea I know he's picky!) He will eat dry food when he's hungry and usually with that he's not THAT picky but he'll meow and meow until he realizes we aren't giving him canned. He gets a can of food once a day.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Wellness (pouches) and Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul (dry). I've also started mixing in Wellness Core dry as I'm thinking about switching.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Herp Nerd

I think Fancy Feast does something very different to their shredded foods versus their "hey, it looks just like the can" kind. My cats won't touch it either... but then, I don't give it to them anymore. It made their litter box deposits smell so bad that they could cause spontaneous blindness from a room away. I couldn't take it anymore.

I tend to prefer to feed a mix of things, especially with so many recalls over the last couple of years. I don't want to feed any one thing and then turn around and find out that it's toxic and have to switch. If all I have to do is pull one thing out of the mix, it's not as traumatic to their systems.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Betta Bomb

I have to be the only one here living with a cat that will eat the loaf version of fancy feast!! hahaha, Illusion,though would eat anything anyway. i bought it a few times while picking up all the flavors not thinkg about the consistency. Anyway i think the cats here get whatever mom or Sandra buys at the time-be it Meow mix,Whiska's,Friskies,Cat chow....i think they keep mixing it up.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Kramer also is very picky about his wet food, it used to be if it wasn't shaped like the can he wouldn't eat it now its if its shaped like the can it will take him forever to eat it. With the stuff I feed him now, he likes it so much I have to give it to him once in the morning and once at night, so he gets it twice a day or he won't shut up. Plus for my health I give it to him twice a day if I don't he will attack my foot and make me bleed. He did this on Monday and I have been limping around all week. so when he meows for wet food I give it to him unless I am out, then I wear big poofy slippers

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

chicken soup for the cat lovers soul both dry and wet...he gets wet mixed with dry 2 times a week...and as times are hard I am feeding the multiple ferals that have adopted me kitten chow...I would love to feed them better, but there are 7 of them and they go through food so fast

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Both my cats are on Supercoat

Dog~ Nika (f)
Cats~Scamp (m) & Simvar (m)
Fish~Tropicals & Goldies

RIP Scooby doo & Louise
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

my moms cats are on science diet hairball control as lucy has some issues with eating his fuzz.

they both look great!

[/CENTER]

Tags
cat food, diet, gas, smelly cat