What are they eating???? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

What are they eating????

Why does it smell so badly when they go? It is so bad. I only give them dry food. They get wet food once in a great while. They sometimes get the baby food the bunnies don't eat. But that is always veggies or fruit baby food.
So how does it stink that badly? The litter boxes are in the kitty/bunny room (aka the middle bedroom) and we can smell it downstairs. Of course when I smell it I always clean it. But I just don't understand how something so small and cute can stink out a house the way they do! I think we need to install a bathroom fan in their bedroom!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Will It Ever Change?

oh cat poo when fresh REEKS...at least my cats did while i grew up

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 11:03 PM

What kind of litter do you use?

Some of the baking soda ones and such do make a difference on odor.

Of course, we keep the litter boxes out on the screened-in porch, so we don't have to smell it in the house. =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 01:53 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

I have never had a problem with smelliness unless I didn't clean the litterbox in awhile. I try to clean it at least once a week and I mix baking soda in it everytime I clean it. I used to use a different litter and it smelled bad everyday, ever since I switched litters it's been good.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Miss New Booty

Kathy, what dry food do you feed? I know some foods make it smell worse than others.

We started using the clumping litter again vs the clay. We always used Tidy Cats and/or Arm and Hammer, but I saw a commercial for this new Fresh Step clumping and we have had it in both boxes for going on 2 weeks now and I can't believe it, the boxes hardly smell! We use the Arm and Hammer baking soda stuff to freshen the boxes, too.

Do you have a ktty that doesn't bury it? Sometimes they do that to "claim" the box and leave it uncovered.. my kitties do that sometimes.

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I use wood pellets mixed with feline pine. I cannot use other litter because my bunnies will also use the cat boxes even though they have their own. I am currently feeding them Newman's Own dry cat food.
And Tyler never did cover it. We had a girl cat, Macy, that would always clean up after him. I don't think Bean does that. And when Bean tries to cover up her own she spends more time scratching litter box cover than she does scratching the litter.
I guess I have been spoiled with the no odor bunny poo.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:38 PM

It's funny, my cat doesn't make much of a smell when she uses the litterbox, butwith my sister's cat it's AWFUL! When I'm at her house and I hear her cat in the litterbox I cover my nose in expectation
Her cat is on Innova EVO.

Tags
cat food, dry cat food, dry food, feline pine, litter box, litter boxes, wet food