This is why.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

This is why....

I get offended by any sort of cat "jokes" that involve abuse. Some people simply cannot tell the difference between a joke and animal abuse.... especially when it comes to cats. Apparently cats are disposable to some people.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/4590/

The agony this cat went through must of been unreal

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Can we tie them to a car going 80 on the highway?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

thats horrible!!! people like that turn out to be REAL psychos... its a sign of a psychopathie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

You know... not too long ago there was a case similar to that here in PR... a couple tied their dogs, male and female to their car and dragged them a couple of Km... they were a big breed of dogs... don't rememeber well... but I think they were rotties... when the police stopped them they found puppies in the trunk of the car. The puppies were too sick with parasites and didn't survived, but the older dogs did. They were found guilty... and just had to pay around $2,000-$2,500 to cover vet expenses and I think it was $800 of penalty.... and we call that justice...

Dimaris

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Miss New Booty

Oh my gosh that is horrible!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Part of the Pack

That's so sad...poor kitty

My babies...

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Wow, I really wish that we had stricter punishments that fit the crimes committed these days. I think people would think twice about abusive behaviour if they thought the same kind of treatment would come back to them.

The sad thing is, if they were high, they probably weren't even considering anything other than the "hilarity" of their stunt.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

How the do they think that is even a joke, even if the poor cat was dead???????????? I would have to beat the living daylights out of them if they did thjat to my baby, she[s a indoor cat, but if she ever got out....
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

That is unbelievable! They really should be dragged down the highway at 80 mph! Maybe then they would realize that it's not a joke or funny.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

thats horrible!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Horrible... words can not... describe the sheer horror and idiocy of these young men.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 04:02 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Things like this make me wish caning was still in practise.

That poor, poor cat ...

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 07:26 AM
Part of the Pack

I can't believe anyone could do that to a living thing. Don't we all wish there was a way to get back at them for doing that to a poor cat. They tortured that cat. I just hope that their punishment fits the crime. Those kids need to be taught a lesson so they don't run out and do it again. Don't things like this escalate... they start out torturing defensless animals and then move on to humans?

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Usually, that is a common progression, however that isn't always the case. If someone can instill in these boys an appreciation for all forms of life, not just human, then this may just be an isolated occurrence. Not to mention they were supposedly high at the time. I believe that will weaken the chance of them moving on to larger prey.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Can we tie them to a car going 80 on the highway?
by their feet!

Cowgirls are like barbwire, handle with care.

Tags
animal abuse, indoor cat, older dog, poor kitty