Why on gods green earth would you?!?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Glowing New Mommy

Angry Why on gods green earth would you?!?!

Ok, so i have yet [I]another[I] dilemma....
So yesterday i went about my normal morning business... set the clothes on the sink in the bathroom to change... yada yada... pick up my shirt, its wet... not only is it wet, but it smells like, you guessed it, cat pee... so im like, "what the ****? wheres it at" .. i search around the house, all the places where my clothes were, cant figure it out... scott gets home last night and called me into the bathroom to show me the "brown liquid" in the sink.. once i run water on it, oh yeah, its yellow, not brown... SOMEONE is peeing in the sink.. i dont know who it is.. if its tobbie, i have no idea how hes getting up there (its hard for a 21lb cat to jump that high).. and i seen it again this morning.. how can i get whoever is doing this to stop? besides keeping the bathroom door closed? i mean, alice had explosive diahrea in the tub before, but hey, better than on my floor, least i could just let the water run.. but peeing in the sink?? if its tobbie, why not the tub? any thoughts????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P Tobbie
September 24, 2007
I'll always miss you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Cats peeing inappropriately makes me think of a couple of things...why they're choosing the sink versus some other location, maybe only kitties know.

First, I'd worry about a medical issue, such as UTI or diabetes, which are very serious and would warrant a call to the vet ASAP.

Second, have you changed any of the following: litter type/brand/scent, location of litter box? They can be picky about such things.

Third, how many litter boxes do you have, and how many cats? I had a friend whose cat started peeing inappropriately until they got another litter box. Both cats would use all litter boxes...I guess they just want options. My vet recommends 1 box per cat +1, but I'm sure others have their own opinions.

Fourth, some cats can get real picky about the cleanliness of the litterbox.

As for closing the bathroom door...well, kitties may just find an even worse place to go. At least in the sink you can just rinse it out. Just my opinion though.

Good Luck.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Miss New Booty

Millie had some excellent advice.
My first thought was possible UTI, also. They say cats are more prone to urinating somewhere (such as a tub, etc) when they have a UTI, because it feels cool to them. Like Millie said, why one of your kitties is choosing the sink, I don't know.. But if you can pinpoint who's doing it, I would get him/her checked out by the vet.

~* Jackie *~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Adolescent Pup

I strongly suspect an infection. Always check with a vet visit before you go into psychological issues.
However, when my cat was peeing on things around the house, I found a pattern. She would pee on my work clothes, in the sink, and by the door. This ended up being a cry for attention, since she gets really mad at me when I leave her, and I was always at work. Now that I have switched jobs and am home more, this behaviour has stopped.

We are all teachers on this earth, let's act like we know what we're doing!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

The first thing that popped into my head was UTI also.. I'd make a vet trip to confirm there is no infection before anything else..

ETA: Good luck!

Last edited by Chrissy; 07-13-2006 at 03:28 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 07:57 PM
What If Your Mother Was Watching You

My mother-in-law's cat started peeing in the tub- turned out to be kidney stones. Brownish urine might mean blood in the urine- which could be kidney/bladder stones- or just an infection. Hope kitty is okay!

I have been frosted

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Glowing New Mommy

It actually wasnt brown, it was yellow.. it just looked like that cause where the silver drain meets the sink, its dark.. if it was a white sink, thered be no mistaken what it is.... and no one has done it since. so maybe it was a fluke

R.I.P Tobbie
September 24, 2007
I'll always miss you!!

Tags
litter box, litter boxes, vet visit