Why Now? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Why Now?

Ok I know I've seen a thread on this before but I cant find it. My cat has now decided that he wants to poop outside the litter box. He'll pee in it but pooping is out of the questions. He started this about 3 weeks ago and at first I thought I wasnt cleaning this ltter box to his liking. Well I clean it daily now and still I come home to poop on the floor. Help??? What can I do to make him stop? Is it the litter box? I havent changed litter brands, I've used the same thing since he was a baby so I'm just confused. But he's starting to really anger me with this action. I told him he was a bad kitty but I think he secretly flipped me off??

Amy
My dog may smell bad, but she's always excited to see me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

I dont have a cat, but i looked online and it looks like it might need a vet check up, could be a sign of a UTI.

Other things to think about.. has the box been moved? Does he poo like right next to it, or is it off somewhere? could he just be missing the box? does he always poo in the same place? you could try and get another box and put it next to the first one
Does the litter box have a cover? my aunt had a cat that wouldnt poo in there covered box, i think he got scared cuz he couldnt see what was going on outside.
Do you have more than one cat? Sometimes cats will suddenly decide they dont want to share a box anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

No covers on the litter box. I figured with a UTI he'd pee somewhere else but he's not. He's just pooing outside the box. Its not bad aim either. Its right in front of the box. I guess another vet trip is in the making now.

Amy
My dog may smell bad, but she's always excited to see me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 04:49 AM
Will It Ever Change?

yeah maybe a vet is a good idea. its best to rule out medical issues right away. is your kitty neutered? sometimes that makes them act like jerks lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
litter box