Window Blinds are EVIL!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Window Blinds are EVIL!!

The other day, me and my sis were sittin in her room and she was helpin me study for a cell bio test and something horrible happened. We had the cats in there with us and Leo, our outside kitty, was in the window outside. Milo goes crazy when he sees Leo in the window. Anyways, he was in the window bouncin around and he somehow got his head between the two blind cords and managed to slip (this is all speculation because we weren't looking at him during this time) off the windowsill. He basically hung himself on accident. Luckily we were in the room and when we heard the commotion, we looked over and there he was dangling a foot off the floor with his head in the blind cords choking to death. Heather, my sis, jumped up and got him out. He was okay, but a little freaked out. We were MAJORLY freaked out. Neither one of us could get the image off precious Milo dangling a foot off the floor out of our minds for a looong time. Needless to say, all blind cords in the house are tucked above the blinds out of the way. I guess its common sense to do that anyways. So, people, make sure your kitties can't get their heads in the blind cords. If we weren't there, he might have died.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

poor milo
i'm glad you got to him in time and everything is ok
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 05:48 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

You can also cut the end off of the cords and leave them as individual strings. Or, if you prefer something on the end of the cord, you can get breakaway ones. Any pressure on the end will cause the end to snap apart. I'm glad that your kitty is okay.

Candice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

i'm so happy that he's ok!

i always untied the ends of mine at apt's and when i moved into a house i got the kind that have no cord.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Newborn Pup

A few months ago Maxx was hanging by his belly like that. I have since nailed the cords up above the windows. Good thing you got Milo out!

Maxx

Fishies

Skyler & Kiwi
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 07:36 PM

It is great you were there! All things happen for a reason! Thaank you for that post!