winter & kittens question - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

hello!

thanks everyone for keeping the kittens in mind! well - they are now letting me pet them a little bit!!! but i'm not pushing it - i want to do everything just right. so i am letting them decide when to give me more "petting rights" hehe... but for some better news- i have spoken with a maintenence person at my apartment and he agreed to leave window to the storage room right beneath my apartment open a little bit. so- when we had a blizzard they were able to seek shelter! and they have been sleeping in there ever since. they have other places they sleep too- but will go in there when it is bitterly cold or wet outside. i feed them right by the window two times a day so they are well fed and seem pretty happy.

i suppose i could close the window when they get are in there, so then i could catch them finally - but i think i will try to gain their trust the patient way. they are now letting me pet them and do little twirls and flips on the ground for me, and still meow up a storm whenever they see me. so i will see how this goes. when they let me pet them a lot and don't act as timid with me, then i will try and get them inside for good. i will keep you all posted!

thanks again for asking about them! they are all getting chubby and are doing quite well. they even play in the snow!!! they chase it around and nose dive into it! haha! silly kitties! i'm so happy they have warm room to climb into for now, and i am determined to get them (especially the little girl) inside before spring so she won't have any kittens herself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
animal control, canned food, cat food, feral cats, humane society, kitten food, local animal control, local shelter, stray cats, wet food