World's Best Cat Litter - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

World's Best Cat Litter

Has anyone heard or tried this cat litter before?
http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/index.htm
Today we went to get the cat's Wellness, and got to talking with the girls at the new store we have been going to. She asked us if we had ever heard of this cat litter, and they had a small bag at the store. I haven't seen it before. She said the stuff was awesome, she has been using it for a week with her cat and she smells absolutely nothing!!! Her husband asked what she did to the box, lol! She used Tidy Cats like we do, and a distributer came into their store w/ this cat litter, and she wanted to try it out before they sold it, and she said it was really good, it cuts out all the amonia odors, etc. She said it clumps like normal litter, too. I can't wait to try this. Just wondered if anyone had feedback on it. The 7 lb bag (which I guess would do one box??) is $9.99, a little pricy, but I would say well worth it if it works, and they say a 17lb bag lasts almost a month for 3 cats! It seems like we are changing the boxes now once a week. They have it for small pets/animals, too, I would think if it works great for the cats box, it would work for the bunny's box, too! Maybe we can get our litter robot working again, with another unconvered one for Mr. Snuggles ofcourse!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Ohhh anybody???

~* Jackie *~

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Considering I live in the frozen tundra that is almost Siberia, I doubt I'd find that at my local petstore. Which is a shame, because if it cuts down on smells like it says it does, I would LOVE to have some because Henry lays some mighty stinky piles.

You'll just have to try it out, Jackie, and report back to us!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Aww Rowan!!! lol! Well, today we went to PetSmart and I didn't see it on their site actually as a carrier of this.. but Brad went to look and called me over to say they had it!!! They had the 7lb and 17 lb bags! And the 7 lb bag was $7.99 there on sale for $6.99! So, we got the small bag to try it. They didn't have the small animal kind, but it's all natural and I imagine would be the same thing, so we put some in our bunny's litter pan, and we got the good ol' litter robot back out for the kitties! So, we had enough for just that right now, and took out one of the boxes, and left the one in there, for Snuggles lol. We will get more of this litter later in the week for the regular box, too. I asked the girl at the checkout and she says how everyone tells her this stuff is awesome and gives it good reviews and raves about it! Let's hope so!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 01:42 AM
Part of the Pack

Lets us know how it is!

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Will keep ya posted! So far, not one of my cats has used the litter robot! They keep staring at it, Snuggles is probably thinking "get that thing out of here" LOL So, we will have to get another small bag for their one regular box tomorrow or so to see how that is when they actually use it!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Please do update how you like it! We're changing the litter box frequently, although there isn't exactly much need to. At least, I do not think so but i've been living with a litter box in my room for 3 years and such. I dont' notice it as much as Jorge.

Petsmart carries it you say? I hope so... that's the closest place for us. Question, that vet recommendation you gave me. Do they carry C/D for felines? Although i might just go to a closer clinic to buy it since I hope I won't be at the vets office that often with Callie.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 07:57 AM

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I used Worlds best Cat litter for my hedgehog (when I had here a few years ago) because it was all natural, no silicone yada yada and I noticed that there were TONS of mite type bugs all over her. I thought maybe she came with them. Dumped everything took her to the vet cleaned her up. Started over. She got them again. The only thing I could come up with was the litter. I thought maybe it was a bad bag so I used yesterdays news and after a few months tried WBCL again. Same thing happened with a completely different bag. I would put it in the freezer for a couple of days if you have room. I don't know if they are naturally occuring bugs in my environment or they come with the litter. Either way I don't ever plan on using it. I use Litter Pearls which works fantastically and doesn't leave litter all over my house.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Wow interesting Dena! Thanks for posting this!! Who would've thought!?! In the freezer would definately be a great idea for sure then, if we keep using it. Well for the bunny, it's definately not working. And I think she doesn't like it, she always kicks her litter out but, when I put that in, she kicks it all out! She pees so much in the one corner, it can't even absorb it all when I go to scoop it after a day. I've given up on which litter to use for her, I try it all. Back to carefresh for now.

For the cats, right now I'm kinda mixed on how it's working. They refuse to go in the robot!! ARGHH!! So, basically they are all going in 1 box and I know that is a factor on why it still smells. It DOES smell better, I don't smell the amonia smell, the problem now seems to be when they go number 2 in the box, it's not covering that smell. Maybe getting their other regular box set up will help. Plus I wonder if Extra Strength would work better for multiple cats. (Didn't have that the day when we bought the bigger bag, we ended up getting it on Tues I think) We will see how putting their other box back out works. So, you like the litter Pearls?? Those sound good, too! I have tried the crystals before a long time ago, and those didn't seem to work either, but I think the pearls are different, right? Might have to try those, Dena!

Keri, yup they have it at that PetSmart. (Waterford Lakes right? ) I'm pretty sure my vet carries C/D for cats, I had to get a persciption food to try for Ginger a couple years ago and they had a variety of different ones so I bet they do.

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Killin' the amonia is great but would like a dual job of killing the odor for both kitty #1 and #2. #2 is the probably the most annoying right...

bugs?! ugh I don't know if I like that idea... *ponders*

Dena, what are those pearls like? are they good at eliminating the odor.

The bestp lace we found for our litter box is in the bathroom...which is kinda small of course and attached to the bedroom so we're using arm and hammer now I think which is too powdery, really.

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 06:52 AM

Litter pearls used to be little round ball type pellets but they changed it to large crystals. I guess people weren't thrilled with the bounce factor of all those little balls. The Tidy cat crystals actually work pretty good and Litter Pearls are supposed to work twice as long. 2 months aren't up yet so we shall see. I like the fact that they don't track the silicone residue everywhere now.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 09:10 AM
SwC
Part of the Pack

I love the crystals!! I mix them equally with my regular litter and so far No more odor. My kitty took to it well with the mixture but not used alone. The litter box is in a hallway by our bedroom doors and even with scooping daily it still tended to have a mild smell. With the crystals it has been completely resolved.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Hmm... will be looking into a crystal or litter pearls perhaps... are they both a clumping litter too?

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Thanks for the info, Dena!!

Keri, it might be worth it to check out a small bag for Callie. I can say it really does help with the smell, the thing here was basically we only had one box going for 3 cats b/c no one used my litter robot! So, that might've been too much for one box even scooping once a day. We added the other regular box back to the room last night so I'm hoping it does better, will keep ya posted! We'll keep trying with it here b/c we got a big bag, lol! It doesn't help when Snuggles doesn't bury when he goes #2 in the box either! He has to be the dominant one.. lol!

It really does cut out the amonia smell. I would still give it a try. Who know's, maybe it works better for single cats going in the box, and maybe my cats just have strong urine! Like Dena said, you can just get a small bag (enough for one box) and put it in the freezer for a few days, too, incase of any bugs or anything. Ya, we tried Arm and Hammer and I found it was powdery, too. I know how that is for the box to be in the bathroom! We had to do that at our apt, too, luckily we had 2 bathrooms, but man was there litter everywhere and it smelled!

~* Jackie *~

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

My FAVORITE Litter is Arm & Hammer's Flush-able Litter. It worked BRILLIANTLY and cut down on the bags being thrown out. Plus it really helped with Odors. Sad thing is, they only come in one small size, not very efficient for 3 or more cats. I hope soon they will make a 18KG box of the stuff *crosses fingers*

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Tags
covered litter box, kitty litter, litter box, litter pan