Would anyone of you allow your cat to wear clothes? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Would anyone of you allow your cat to wear clothes?

Hi,
I was wondering how many of you would dress up your cat in clothes, less common than dressing up doggies i know, but do any of you do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Hello Earthling

I do, but only to take a few pictures or when its a bit chilly out (I take him out on a leash).

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
RAT ADDICT

I don't.

My cats sometimes wear collars,but not even those all the time.
I see even less of a point to dressing up cats then dogs! Thats just my opinion though.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

my cats would plot a way to kill me if i dressed them up. I used to put a santa hat on one cat though at xmas time. You could push his ears together and shove them in the hat then he would flatten his ears mad and it would hold it on and you could take a mad cat xmas picture.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 03:30 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

I do not see the point in dressing animals up just because you want to dress them up...
I know you can get hair for cats. That's just plain weird.
But what the hey. If the cat don't mind, then go crazy if you are into that sort of thing...
I would only use cloths for animals, if they needed it

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oby has a leather jacket, a leather spiked collar, a "jingle" collar for Christmas, and a gold lame & purple one for Mardi Gras, and a Skeleton Costume for Halloween! Lillian has a Cat Fairy Bandana, Kai doesn't like to wear clothes, we can't even get her to wear a collar...Thank Goodness for Microchips!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hi canadian critter and anyone who doesn't object to/likes dressing up their cats in clothes, would you please go to www.dogsancatsinclothes.com and post a couple of your kitty dressed up pictures in the cats in clothes section.
www.dogsandcatsinclothes.com is a fun community to share review pictures of cats in clothes and dogs in clothes that i just started.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Headlock

i think people who dress up there animals is cruel no animal want to be dressed there not people they dont need the extra stuff to carry God gave them fur for a reason=]

No don't get yourself in situations,
Darling, that you can't handle.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPaws23 View Post
i think people who dress up there animals is cruel no animal want to be dressed there not people they dont need the extra stuff to carry God gave them fur for a reason=]

So you think dressing up hairless animals or animals that cannot keep body heat is cruel.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 08:19 AM
RAT ADDICT

I had hairless rats and they didn't need clothes.They just needed extra fleece bedding.I am not against animals who need clothing for cold weather,for example the greyhounds...but otherwise I don't see a point.That is my opinion though.

* Lisa *

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Betta Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPaws23 View Post
The animals we domesticated are acting more and more human everyday as we keep integrating them into our culture and society and further away from their natural instincts. I appreciate its your own opinion but I dont think you can generalize all animals to say they "dont want to be dressed up". There is a fine line, In My Opinion, between dressing it up to be cutesy (People like Paris Hilton who had a dog as an accessory) and people who genuinely care for the well-being of their pets with coats to keep them warm in winter, life jackets and just-for-fun t-shirts and stuff.
If it dont hurt the animal and their other needs are bieng maintained then there's no cruelty involved.

On a different note, we used to put underwear on our old dog Nikki bc she always made a mess on the couches. Coco has a coat for the winter bc he's old and sensitive, I bought a pink teddy bear sweater for my bunnies but havent yet dared the attempt and Illusion adapts to everything I do to him!!!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 09:26 PM
can't think of one, help

I'd have six kitties plotting my death I'm sure

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I don't.
My cats HATE clothes! We did put antlers on Oscar for Christmas, but we couldn't even get a decent picture because he was too busy trying to get it off!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 02:04 AM
It's all for them

I also cannot stand the practice of putting human clothes on animals. A coat or sweater for a breed who would freeze without it in winter or bad weather is different, that has a useful purpose.

Dressing an animal up in clothes for human entertainment is cruel, and dangerous, in my opinion. I don't think it's cute, I think it's mean and undignified and hostile. I hate it.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:55 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
I don't think it's cute.
Yeah,me neither.

I have seen cute little coats and things for dogs who need coats in cold weather,but otherwise I think it is pointless.I also seen cute dog pajamas,but these are only "cutesy" for humans and therefore I do not agree with making your pets wear them.

Cats though...a whole other story! They do not need coats or anything to wear at all in my opinion.Putting clothes on a cat or other animal is for human's enjoyment,not the pets.And basically clothing them is "humanizing" them...I think that is the right word.

(it is 7:25am,I have been awake since 4am...so I am tired and not thinking clearly,so I apologize if I do not make sense).

* Lisa *

Tags
cats wearing clothes