Wow ... what a handsome boy! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Smile Wow ... what a handsome boy!

I was browsing the Hyvinkää animal shelter's website to see if they had added any new cats that were up for adoption, and I saw this very handsome fellow. He's Ärri, the orange and white tabby with the beautiful green eyes! Man, I want to bring him home!

I swear, as soon as I get back from my trip, I am definetely going the following Sunday (shelter is only open Sunday) to see if he's still there.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Awww! What a handsome kitty! Let us know, Rowan.

Stephanie

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

I sure will. I've been wanting to adopt a handsome tom so the girls will have a "boyfriend." Really, I just want a big, lazy fat tom that doesn't FLY off the walls like these two!

But if he does ... Well. That's a cat for you. I'll still hope for a lazy one, though.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 02:31 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg rowan, he's soooo cute! i hope you can get that boy. is there a way to put him on hold right before you leave? let us know!

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Adolescent Pup

he is a beauty!
i'm partial to black and white kitties, though, so i fell for nikke on that page. i can't figure out if it's a boy or girl though lol
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I loved Nikke too! What a cute, round face

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

He has such pretty eyes! I think he is darling.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Natasha, Nikke is a girl. I think she's very pretty, too, though! And Lady reminds me of Gerona. But, I have two girls and would like a tom in my life.

No, Jane, there isn't a way I could put him on hold. I wish there were, though. But, it is probably for the best if I met him first before putting him on hold. I don't THINK he'll be adopted any time soon, though. Adult cats don't get adopted out as quickly as kittens and the Hyvinkää animal shelter isn't nearly as popular/busy as the Helsinki one. So, we'll just have to see if he's still there and is the kitty for us when I get back.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

He is beautiful

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Adolescent Pup

Ok, next time I'm passing through Finland, I'm going stop by and see if Nikke is still there!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

He's gorgeous, I hope you get him!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Just an update:

Natasha, Nikke has been adopted.

And Sami and I plan on going there this Sunday (6th), so we'll see how it all goes.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 01:56 AM
Adolescent Pup

aww i'm glad to hear she found a home!
now i don't have an excuse to go to finland though...lol

good luck with your new kitty!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha elise
now i don't have an excuse to go to finland though...lol
Find you a Finnish man. They're not so bad, I promise!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Adolescent Pup

lol I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that!!!

Tags
animal shelter, german shepherd