Yay!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

Talking Yay!!!

My boyfriend and I might get a cat!! Ok well technically it will be his cuz it will live at his house. But this summer I will get to spend lots of time with it and eventually it will be mine too, but I get to pick it out!!!! YAY!! Im soo excited!!

So I dont know much about different cat breeds. I just love this kitten: http://lily.richlowe.net/kittens/kitten.JPG but I dont know what kind it is or anything. And anything we should know about getting a kitten before we get one please post it. We will be getting it probably at the end of May or beginning of June!!

Thanks!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

congrats on the pending kitty.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Part of the Pack

Oooh how exciting! I have two cats, they make wonderful pets! You probably won't be able to find a kitten that looks exactly like that one (so cute too!) because there are so many varities of mixed breeds. She looks like a tabby mix. At this time of year, there should be lots of kittens for adoption at your local animal shelter as it is spring time and momma cats are having litters everywhere!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Miss New Booty

Yay! Congrats on getting a kitty!!!! How exciting!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congrats on the decision. As for stuff to know ... well, if neither of you have ever had a cat before it might be helpful to pick up a book or do research on cats and the process of introducing it to the home and such.

Definitely have everything set up for it before you get it home. Especially the litter box. It is important to ask whomever is giving it to you if the kitten is litter box trained already. Some kittens have trouble getting it in the beginning. Also, make sure you get information on what brand of litter it has been trained with. You will want to at least start out with this litter to help the kitty get adjusted ... you can gradually change it later. The same goes for kitten food. Make sure that the area the kitten starts out in is small enough so that it will be able to find it's way back to the litter box while its getting used to its surroundings.

Ummm, oh, and also have plenty of scratching posts already accessable. Kittens love to test those nails out and they really don't know how to control the retraction in the beginning.

Tags
animal shelter, box trained, kitten food, litter box, litter box trained, local animal shelter, mixed breed, mixed breeds, wonderful pets