YAY, Booger! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Talking YAY, Booger!

Today I finally got a chance to go out and get a litter box for Booger so I could start litter training him.

I was really worried that he wouldn't know to use the kitty box since, up to this point, he has been an outdoor cat.

Well, this evening he wanted to SLEEP in the empty litter pan. I got him out of it and then filled it with litter. He STILL took a little nap in there after I put the litter in. I started thinking he was going to make me work to potty train him.

Well, I just let him be for a while and left the litter box in the kitchen so he'd pass it often. Then, as I was sitting at the table reading the paper, I saw him walk over, frantically start scratching in the box, squat, scratch some more, and then he peed!

I'm so proud of my Baby Boogs. It seems he might adapt to being an indoor kitty after all. Right now he's sitting in my lap just purring away.

I get my pay cheque Thursday or Friday and he and I should be going to the vet then, at the very least so he can be wormed. (Yes, I started working at my old job again as a temp. hire--pitiful, eh? )

Ah yes, and Christopher (my brother) told me he wants Booger to live in Finland with me, where Boogs would have other cats and dogs to play with and would be well fed and spoiled (and everyone here has SEEN how much I spoil my kitties ). So, the rest of the family can moan and groan about it, but Christopher has stated his opinion on "his" cat.

Booger is also gaining weight and is turning into a handsome tom kitty. I think he is going to be a big cat, because his paws are just HUGE right now and he's already reaching the size of Gerona and Henry. He still needs some more fat on him, but he is developing a sort of pot belly that juts out. He had a slight one when he was still VERY skinny, but it's even more noticeable now. I think it's because of worms, but we'll see soon enough.

This will be Booger's first night spending the night in the house. I'll update everyone tomorrow on how it went. Keep your fingers crossed!

Also, I found a site called "How to Make Your Outdoor Cat an Indoor Cat," which I would like to share with everyone. I'm using some of the tips there on Booger.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 02:56 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I am glad things are going in the right direction for you sounds so good

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 05:55 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Yah Booger!!!! It's good to hear everything is going so well with him! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're having an uneventful night!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Well, last night with Booger actually went pretty well. He went into my bedroom and was actually waiting for me to come and go to bed.

He slept all night with me without a hitch, except he's not like Gerona, who is used to my tossing and turning. So when I tossed and turned, he felt the need to move to a different spot on the bed each time.

Around 6 AM he actually woke me up playing with my feet. It went on for what seemed to me like 20 minutes before my sleepy brain realised he's ready to get up. So, he and I got up and Booger peed in his litter box again (with some persistence from me) and since then he's been darting around the house playing like a kitten should.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Adolescent Pup

I am so happy for you and booger. Do you got any pics to share?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

yah! i'm so happy for you. when i took charlie in he did fine with the litter box. so i hope booger does the same for you! go boogs!!

Tags
indoor cat, litter box, litter pan, litter train, litter training, outdoor cat, potty train