young kittens eyes - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

young kittens eyes

Hi I am new here and am getting a Balinese kitten in a few weeks. She is coming from a breeder a couple of days drive from me so I wont be actually seeing her before I go to pick her up. The breeder has sent me some pictures of her and assures me her eyes are normal but they look a little odd to me, not really crossed but a little odd kind of wall eyed. Is this normal in young kittens? I will try and post a couple pictures of her
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 16 3.5W.jpeg (29.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg 5 weeks old.jpeg (30.5 KB, 24 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Lovin' my pack!

I like the eye color,but just from your pics,i'd def say they look strange..

They look outward from each other.

I would be weary getting this kitten from this breeder,as obviously good breeding is not important to them to be even "selling" a kitten like this.

There are sooo many kittens and cats in this world!!! Outright overbred! ending up in rescues,shelters,and petstores because they flood the rescues. I would recommend getting a rescue kitten instead.Please do not support poorly bred animals being sold for profit,no matter how badly you may feel for this kitten.It should be given to a home for free,and if enough people pass on "buying" it,the owners will hopefully come to their senses and rehome for free.

"Not for human consumption"- Peas in a Pod

Visit Peas in a Pod page on Facebook...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I have already put a 200$ deposit on this kitten. I think I will ask her for pictures of the other kittens. As I had put a deposit on a kitten before they were even born she assured me that she would give me the pick of the litter and this is the one she chose. There were 3 long haired blue points and I think the other 2 are still available. I would look for a Balinese kitten elsewhere but I don't want to lose my deposit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Newborn Pup

A lot of young kitten's eyes look outward, and based on other pictures of kittens of the same breed of cat I'd say it's pretty normal. They'll most likely straighten out.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I hope you are fight kitty i just can't seem to find much information on this anywhere
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Lovin' my pack!

There are so many cats out there being GIVEN away!! $200 for just a deposit to me seems CRAZY!! Knowing that you don't want to lose your deposit,I would definitely reinforce your want of pick of the litter...I just don't get how you can make a sizable amounted purchase without actually going there to see it...It also sounds to me like it could be a scam... Never buy something without seeing it or feeling it yourself.

I would back out all together from the deal...and just take the lesson learned.

"Not for human consumption"- Peas in a Pod

Visit Peas in a Pod page on Facebook...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 08:47 PM
can't think of one, help

She looks like a sweet little kitten, rainbow's eyes were always funny in pics too and she's fine. Consider getting her a friend also, two are more fun than one. You could get a rescue kitty for her friend.

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

personally it wierds me out a bit haha but I'm sure she's fine as well. If it bugs you, yeah pick out another kitten, that's what I would do. If you don't see anything you like, I would protest for your money back. What has her other stocks looked like? If she doesn't let you see pictures of her other litters, or if they have the same issue, I would either get your money back or cut your losses. I'm not sure what the eyes mean, but if the breeder is not totally transparent about their litters or genetic history, please don't get a cat from them. You could just end up supporting bad breeding. Or not. Let us know!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I heard back from several different breeders and apparently this is a common thing with blue eyed kittens and has something to do with the way the light reflects. They all assured me that by the time she was 8-10 weeks old the eyes would be normal looking. I checked their websites (breeders of ragdolls and himalayans) and some of their kittens had strange looking eyes at this age too, so I am not worried anymore.
@litlebunnies2 she won't be lonely LOL she will have 2 cats, 4 dogs, 3 parrots, 2 frogs, and several dozen fish for friends, and if she ventures outside under supervision she will meet the 2 horses.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thats good to hear!

Tags
balinese, cross eyes, kitten eyes